As part of its 2017 Anniversary Event, Roberts Space Industries Corp. and Roberts Space Industries, International Ltd. are hosting a Contest for free prize ships. Eligible individuals may participate in this contest according to the rules herein.
This Contest consists of a qualification challenge on the Roberts Space Industries website (the “RSI Site”) available from November 24, 2017 12:00pm Pacific Time, to December 1, 2017 12:00pm Pacific Time at the following URL: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16269-Anniversary-Special-Week-2017, and a set of prizes to be awarded thereafter.
- Eligibility – To participate in the Contest you must be at least 18 years of age, and reside in a jurisdiction where the Contest and your participation is legally permitted. Employees of RSI and of its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees, and its agents, representatives, officers, directors, and employees and each of their immediate family members and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win.
- Duration – Unless otherwise specified, Contest entries must be submitted between November 24, 2017 12:00pm Pacific Time, and December 1, 2017 12:00pm Pacific Time (the “Entry Period”), as indicated within these Rules and any follow-up announcements related thereto (“Announcement”).
- Entry – Unless otherwise specified, Contest entries are submitted by taking and passing the qualifying quiz at the following URL: during the Entry Period, as indicated within these Rules and/or any followup Announcement. Anyone who passes the quiz is entered into the Contest. A passing score for the quiz is 5 or more correct responses out of 10 questions. You may take the quiz as many times as you wish, but multiple successes do not increase the chance of winning. The quiz may be taken after the Entry Period has expired, but the results of any such attempt do not result in an Entry into the Contest.
- Determination of Winner – Within 48 hours after the end of the Entry Period, seven winners from all participants who have made valid Entries will be selected by random draw without replacement. A Participant may not win more than one prize. An RSI Account is required to participate, but pledging on the Roberts Space Industries website does not affect or increase the chances of winning. Winners will be announced on the RSI Site via their account handle after determination.
- Governing Law – This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and void where prohibited. Information regarding the Account names of all winners and prizes may be provided to any member of the public on request for up to two years after the ending date of the Contest.
- Prizes – Each Winner will be awarded one reserved, digital, in-game concept ship, (at the time of this writing, an “Anvil Hawk”) on the Account from which he/she submitted his/her winning entry.
- Notification – Winners will be notified and their Accounts identified to the public via the RSI Site after the Contests has ended and the Winners selected, within 48 hours after the end of the Contest
- Claims and Forfeiture – Winners will be notified via the email, or direct messaging as soon as determined. Where required by law, winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release, legal, federal, and state tax releases, and return them via email to RSI within 24 hours of notification or else forfeit their Prize or Prizes. A winner must respond to any such notices sent and provide the information needed to be owed any such Prize; failure to so respond will result in forfeiture of the Prize and, at RSI’s discretion, disqualification of the winner and allocating any limited quantity Prize, if applicable, to an alternate winner.
- Disqualification – RSI may, at its option, disqualify you from participation if you have previously won a prize from any contest, sweepstakes, competition, or other promotional offering held by RSI. Any breach of the RSI Terms or these Rules by you will disqualify you from participation in the Contest.
- Alternate Winners – In the event of the disqualification of a winner from a Giveaway, RSI may, at its option, select an alternate winner by random draw without replacement from the remaining eligible entries submitted to that Giveaway during its Duration.
- Valuation – Unless otherwise stated in the Contest announcements or communications, prizes are digital Virtual Goods as indicated in the RSI Terms, Section XI., Virtual Goods. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and do not add, contribute, or otherwise represent any monetary value to your Account. If a winner chooses to accept only portions of a prize, no compensation shall be awarded for the portion(s) not accepted and no substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers are permitted except at the sole discretion of RSI. In jurisdictions where the law requires the disclosure of the retail value of a prize, the retail value of the non-transferable Digital Good as a prize is zero unless otherwise indicated.
- Conditions of Participation – By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to abide by RSI’s decisions relating to the Contest which are final and binding. By participating, participants further agree to the site Terms of Service at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos and incorporated herein by reference, applicable to the Entrants’ overall use of the RSI Services. If a winner accepts a prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by RSI, in perpetuity and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any further compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Arbitration and/or Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree that any legal or administrative action or proceeding brought by you, RSI, or other user of the RSI Services in relation to the Contest is subject to Section XXII. Disputes & Binding Arbitration as indicated in the RSI Terms.