2019 Australia Day Screenshot Contest
These rules (“Rules”) apply to the 2019 Australia Day Screenshot Contest (“Contest”) carried out by Roberts Space Industries LLC and/or Roberts Space Industries International Limited (individually and collectively “RSI”) and their affiliates. Please read these Rules carefully. By submitting a Contest Entry, you accept and agree to these Rules. If you do not agree to these Rules, any Contest Entry submitted by you will be invalid and you will not be eligible to participate in the Contest or win a prize.
- Eligibility – To participate in the Contest you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and reside in a jurisdiction where the Contest and your participation is legally permitted. You must have an account at RSI and have agreed to the RSI Terms of Service (see: www.robertspaceindustries.com/tos – the “RSI Terms”). Employees of RSI and of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, partner of the Contest (if any) and each of their immediate family members and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win.
- Duration – Unless otherwise specified, Contest entries must be submitted beginning January 25th, 2019 and ending January 27th, 2019 at 11:59pm Pacific Time as indicated by these Contest Rules and as adjusted or amended in any follow-up announcements related thereto (the “Announcement”). An entry will not be valid if not submitted within the Duration. An entry will also be invalid if further modified or edited by the Participant after the Duration without the express written approval of RSI.
- Participation and Entry – To submit screenshots (“submissions”) as Contest Entries, you must submit a post to the Contest Spectrum thread as indicated on the Announcement satisfying all of the requirements of these Rules and the RSI Terms, including those described in Section 4. Each unique submission constitutes a Contest Entry as long as all the individual and applicable criteria are met for both the submission and its content as well as any other requirements for the post as indicated in these Rules or the Announcement. Each Contest Entry is associated with the Participant who submitted it. Group submissions will be considered, involving up to a maximum of five (5) individual user Participants. A user submitting an entry under multiple accounts is considered a single Participant. A Contest Entry must be submitted by the individual who created it; submitting a Contest Entry that was created by another person is grounds for disqualification (see below). The recorded time of submission for any Contest Entry will be the date and timestamp of the Spectrum post as displayed in PST.
- General Entry Requirements – A Spectrum post submitting Contest Entries must 1) include one or more submissions from a Star Citizen play session taken by you in-game; 2) the submission must feature you and your friends gathering to celebrate Australia Day through in-game flight formations utilizing Gladius Valiants; 3) any and all such screenshots must be unaltered and unchanged from their original format; 4) no post-processing of any kind may be applied or performed on the screenshots, 5) no filters or other image processing, including but not limited to ReShade, may be employed to create any submission, and 6) each contributor to and participant in the screenshot must be identified within the submission’s Spectrum post.
- No Lottery – No purchase, payment or other obligation is necessary to enter or win.
- Conditions of Participation – By entering any Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to abide by RSI’s decisions relating to the Contest which are final and binding. If a winner accepts a prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by RSI, in perpetuity and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any further compensation, notification, or permission, to the extent admissible by applicable law. For their consideration as Contest Entries, you agree that your postings of your submissions including all their materials and content are UGC as defined in the RSI Terms.
- Determination of Winner – On January 27th, 2019, RSI staff (the “Judges”) will select one (1) winning Entry for the round from among the eligible Contest Entries based on style, quality, and rule adherence, and the winner will be the respective Participant (s) submitting said Entry. While a Participant may make or participate in multiple entries, any given individual Participant may have at most one winning Entry and receive at most one prize during the entire Contest as a whole. Pledging on the RSI website does not affect or increase the chances of winning. Winners must confirm and verify their RSI account handle to the Judges.
- Prizes – Eligible Participants who submit the winning Contest Entry as determined by the Judges will be awarded prizes on their RSI Account as indicated within this Section. Limit one prize per winner, even if the winning Participant submitted or participated in more than one winning Contest Entry or with more than one account. The prize is as follows:
- First Place: Standalone Ship – Gladius Valiant (with LTI option)
- Notification – Winners will be notified and their Accounts identified to the public via the RSI Site after the Contest has closed and the Winners are selected, on or by February 8th, 2019.
- Claims and Forfeiture – Winners will be notified via their RSI account or email listed in their RSI account after determination by the Judges. To receive their respective prize(s), winners will be required to sign an affidavits or otherwise provide affirmative consent regarding their eligibility, liability release (including for travel risks if the prize includes traveling), a publicity release approving the use of their name and likeness for publicity and marketing purposes, payment of applicable federal, and state tax releases, which release needs to be returned via email to RSI within 48 hours of notification, or else forfeit their Prize. A winner must respond to any such notices sent and provide the information needed to be owed any such Prize; failure to so respond will result in forfeiture of the Prize and, at RSI’s discretion, disqualification of the winner and allocating any limited quantity Prize, if applicable, to an alternate winner. For fulfillment of any physical prize, A winner must provide a mailing address for shipping within a jurisdiction where the Contest and his or participation are legally valid. RSI will cover the cost of shipping or delivery required for prizes that are not Virtual Goods, but a Winner must cover any customs or import duties and clearance fees for delivery. Failure by a Winner to cover said duties or fees will result in forfeiture.
- Disqualification – Any breach of the RSI Terms or these Rules by you may disqualify you from participation in any Contest or receiving prizes. RSI may, at its option, disqualify you from participation if you have previously won a prize or been disqualified from any contest, sweepstakes, competition, or other promotional offering held by RSI. Any Participant who submits a Contest Entry that they themselves did not create or contribute to may be disqualified from the Contest. Submissions that contain material or content in violation of the RSI Terms, that fail to adhere to the requirements within these Rules, or is fraudulent in any way may also be disqualified. The disqualification of one Contest Entry by a Participant may result in the disqualification of any or all other Contest Entries submitted by or contributed to by that Participant. RSI staff and administrators, at their discretion, may remove, or order removed any and all entries submitted by a disqualified participant, as well as any entry deemed ineligible by failure to abide by the requirements of these Rules.
- Alternate Winners – In the event of the disqualification of a winner or his or her associated Contest Entry(s), RSI may, at its option, select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries submitted to the Contest during its duration.
- Valuation – Unless otherwise stated in the Contest announcements or communications, prizes are digital Virtual Goods as indicated in the RSI Terms, Section XI., Virtual Goods. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and do not add, contribute, or otherwise represent any monetary value to your account. If a winner chooses to accept only portions of a prize, no compensation shall be awarded for the portion(s) not accepted and no substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers are permitted except at the sole discretion of RSI. In jurisdictions where the law requires the disclosure of the retail value of a prize, the retail value of the non-transferable Digital Good as a prize is zero unless otherwise indicated.
- Governing Law – The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and void where prohibited.
- No Right to Sue – To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, by participating in any Contests you agree that you will not commence any legal action or lawsuit or assert any claim seeking relief against RSI or its affiliates arising from, relating to, or connected in any way with the Contests, including but not limited to, the awarding, redemption, delivery, or fulfillment of any prizes, the determination of winners or eligibility, or disqualification.
- Limited License – other than for the sole and limited purpose of participating in the Contest during the Contest Duration, these Rules grant no license, permission, or rights to use RSI Content, game content, or any RSI intellectual property for any other purpose whatsoever.
- Miscellaneous – Except as set forth herein otherwise, all terms of the RSI Terms apply, including (without limitation) XX. Indemnification, XXI. Disputes and XXIII. Miscellaneous.