Crusader Industries Hercules Starlifter Short Story Contest Rules
These rules (“Rules”) apply to the Crusader Industries Hercules Starlifter Short Story Contest (“Contest”) carried out by Roberts Space Industries LLC and/or Roberts Space Industries International Limited (individually and collectively “RSI”) and their affiliates. Please read these Rules carefully. By submitting a Contest Entry, you accept and agree to these Rules. If you do not agree to these Rules, any Contest Entry submitted by you will be invalid and you will not be eligible to participate in the Contest or win a prize.
- Eligibility – To participate in the Contest you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and reside in a jurisdiction where the Contest and your participation is legally permitted. You must have an account at RSI and have agreed to the RSI Terms of Service (see: www.robertspaceindustries.com/tos – the “RSI Terms”). Employees of RSI and of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, partner of the Contest (if any) and each of their immediate family members and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win.
- Duration – Unless otherwise specified, the Contest begins Friday, May 11, 2018 and ends Wednesday May 23, 2018 11:59pm PDT as indicated by these Contest Rules and any follow-up announcements related thereto (the “Announcement”). A Contest Entry will not be valid if not submitted within the Duration.
- Participation – the Contest consists of two events: a Story Contest and a Social Media Contest.
- 1. Participation and Entry Requirements: Story Contest Entries – To submit a Contest Entry to the Story Contest, you must submit a work of original fiction having a length of no more than 250 words and set in the Star Citizen universe, to the thread on the RSI Website Spectrum service indicated in the Announcement (the “Contest Thread”). The content of a Contest Entry must abide by the Terms including Sections III (Rules of Conduct) and XII (Intellectual property) (see https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos#rules_of_conduct— https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos#intellectual_property) . Stories should be set in the lore of the Game and not include the names of persons, companies, brands, or other identities or entities from the real world. Each Contest Entry is associated with the Participant who submitted it. Group submissions on behalf of more than one person (including player organizations) are not permitted and will not be considered. A Contest Entry must be submitted by the individual who created it; submitting a Contest Entry that was created in whole or in part by another person is grounds for disqualification of the participant, the entry, or both (see below). A Contest Entry is deemed received on the date and time in PDT indicated on the submission’s posting on the Contest Thread, and is invalid if its date or time of submission falls outside the Contest Duration. Contest Entries are UGC submitted to the RSI Services under Section XII of the Terms and may be published and used by RSI without further notice, attribution, or compensation to you (see https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos#license_grants ).
- 2. Participation and Entry Requirements: Social Media Contest Entries – You must submit an entry to the Story Contest in order to be eligible to participate in the Social Media Contest. To make a Contest Entry to the Social Media Contest, you must submit a post to Twitter abiding by the following requirements: 1) the post must include one of the images provided in the Announcement specifically for participation in the Social Media Contest; 2) such image must be unaltered, unchanged, and in its original format; 3) the post must contain the following two hashtags: #contest and #SwordofHope; 4) the post must contain a link (URL) to your Contest Entry to the Story Contest on the RSI Services (the use of a functional URL shortener is optional), and 5) the post must contain a line or passage from your story within the body of the post itself.
- No Lottery – No purchase, payment or other obligation is necessary to enter or win.
- Conditions of Participation – By entering any Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to abide by RSI’s decisions relating to the Contest which are final and binding. If a winner accepts a prize, said winner consents to the use of his or her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by RSI, in perpetuity and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any further compensation, notification, or permission, to the extent admissible by applicable law.
- Determination of Winner – Within five days after the end of the Contest, RSI staff (the “Judges”) will select one (1) winning Entry for the Story Contest and one (1) winning Entry for the Social Media Contest from among their respective eligible Contest Entries. The winners will be the respective Participants submitting said Entries. While a Participant may make multiple independent and separate entries to the Story Contest and the Social Media Contest, any given Participant may have at most one winning Entry during the entire Contest as a whole across both the Story Contest and the Social Media Contest. Entries within the Story Contest must stand on their own and not be related or otherwise part of a “series” or larger whole. The Judges will select different winners for the Story Contest and the Social Media Contest. Pledging on the RSI website does not affect or increase the chances of winning.
- Prizes – The eligible Participant who submitted the winning Contest Entry for the Story Contest and the eligible Participant who submitted the winning Contest Entry for the Social Media Contest will each be awarded a Crusader Industries M2 Hercules Starlifter in-game ship on his or her account. A Participant may only be awarded at most one Prize total during the Contest as a whole.
- Notification – Winners will be notified and their Accounts identified to the public via the RSI Site after the Contest has ended and the Winners selected, within 5 days after the end of the Contest
- Claims and Forfeiture – Winners will be notified via the RSI account or email listed in their RSI account as soon as determined. To receive their respective prize(s), winners will be required to sign an affidavit or otherwise provide affirmative consent regarding their eligibility, liability release (including for travel risks if the prize includes traveling), a publicity release approving the use of their name and likeness for publicity and marketing purposes, payment of applicable federal, and state tax releases, which release needs to be returned via email to RSI within 48 hours of notification, or else forfeit their Prize. A winner must respond to any such notices sent and provide the information needed to be owed any such Prize; failure to so respond will result in forfeiture of the Prize and, at RSI’s discretion, disqualification of the winner and allocating any limited quantity Prize, if applicable, to an alternate winner. For fulfillment of any physical prize, a winner must provide a mailing address for shipping within a jurisdiction where the Contest and his or participation are legally valid. RSI will cover the cost of shipping or delivery required for prizes that are not Virtual Goods, but a Winner must cover any customs or import duties and clearance fees for delivery. Failure by a Winner to cover said duties or fees will result in forfeiture.
- Disqualification – Any breach of the RSI Terms or these Rules by you will disqualify you from participation in any Contest or receiving prizes. RSI may, at its option, disqualify you from participation if you have previously won a prize from any contest, sweepstakes, competition, or other promotional offering held by RSI or its partners. Any Participant who submits a Contest Entry that they themselves did not create may be disqualified from the Contest. Submissions that contain material or content in violation of the RSI Terms may also be disqualified. The disqualification of one Contest Entry by a Participant may result in the disqualification of any or all other Contest Entries submitted by that Participant. RSI staff and administrators, at their discretion, may remove, or order removed any and all entries submitted by a disqualified participant, as well as any entry deemed ineligible by failure to abide by these Rules.
- Alternate Winners – In the event of the disqualification of a winner from either event of the Contest, RSI may, at its option, select an alternate winner for that event from the remaining eligible entries submitted to the Contest during its duration.
- Valuation – Unless otherwise stated in the Contest announcements or communications, prizes are digital Virtual Goods as indicated in the RSI Terms, Section XI., Virtual Goods (see https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos#virtual_goods). Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and do not add, contribute, or otherwise represent any monetary value to your account. If a winner chooses to accept only portions of a prize, no compensation shall be awarded for the portion(s) not accepted and no substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers are permitted except at the sole discretion of RSI. In jurisdictions where the law requires the disclosure of the retail value of a prize, the retail value of the non-transferable Digital Good as a prize is zero unless otherwise indicated.
- Governing Law – The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and void where prohibited.
- No Right to Sue – To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, by participating in any Contests you agree that you will not commence any legal action or lawsuit or assert any claim seeking relief against RSI or its affiliates arising from, relating to, or connected in any way with the Contests, including but not limited to, the awarding, redemption, delivery, or fulfillment of any prizes, the determination of winners or eligibility, or disqualification.
- Miscellaneous: Except as set forth herein otherwise, all terms of the RSI Terms apply, including (without limitation) XX. Indemnification, XXI. Disputes and XXIII. Miscellaneous.