2020 Luminalia Sweater Contest
These rules (“Rules”) apply to the 2020 Luminalia Sweater Contest (“Contest”) carried out by Roberts Space Industries LLC and/or Roberts Space Industries International Limited (individually and collectively “RSI”) and their affiliates.
Please read these Rules carefully. By submitting a Contest Entry, you accept and agree to these Rules. If you do not agree to these Rules, any Contest Entry submitted by you will be invalid and you will not be eligible to participate in the Contest or win a prize.
- Eligibility – To participate in the Contest you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and reside in a jurisdiction where the Contest and your participation is legally permitted. You must have an account at RSI and have agreed to the RSI Terms of Service (see: www.robertspaceindustries.com/tos – the “RSI Terms”). Employees of RSI and of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, partner of the Contest (if any) and each of their immediate family members and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win.
- Duration – Unless otherwise specified, Contest entries must be submitted beginning December 17, 2020 and ending January 8, 2021 at 11:59pm Pacific Time as indicated by these Contest Rules and as adjusted or amended in any follow-up announcements related thereto, including (the “Announcement”). An entry will not be valid if not submitted within the Duration. An entry will also be invalid if further modified or edited by the Participant after the Duration without the express written approval of RSI.
- Participation and Entry
- 1 To submit a Contest Entry, you must submit a post to one or more of the Submission Venues indicated in the Announcement satisfying all of the requirements within the Announcement as well as these Rules and the RSI Terms, including those described in Section 4. Each unique submission constitutes a Contest Entry as long as all the individual and applicable criteria are met for both the submission and its content as well as any other requirements for the post as indicated in these Rules or the Announcement. Each Contest Entry is associated with the Participant who submitted it. Group submissions on behalf of more than one person (including player organizations) are not permitted and will not be considered. A Contest Entry must be submitted by the individual who created it; submitting a Contest Entry that was created by another person, in whole or in part, is grounds for disqualification (see Section 11 below). The recorded time of submission for any Contest Entry will be the displayed posting date and timestamp of the submission post as indicated in PDT. If such a post has been edited, the date and time of its most recent edit will be deemed the date of posting.
- 2 Submission Venues – a submission can be made during the Contest Duration to the locations indicated in the Contest Announcement, which include 1) a Spectrum thread and 2) one or more social media channels. A Contest Entry submitted to multiple channels will be considered a single Contest Entry, and repetitive submissions may be discarded or disqualified, but multiple distinct entries may be submitted. Submissions made to any other venue, site, or location other than those specified in the Announcement will not be considered.
- General Entry Requirements – A submission of Contest Entries must include one or more pieces of artwork, of any style suitable for a holiday sweater for the in-lore holiday Luminalia. A submission made to a social media channel must 6) include the following hashtags: #StarCitizen and #Luminalia. Optionally, a submission to a social media channel may identify the participant by his or her account name and community moniker; while this does not affect the eligibility of the Contest Entry it may affect the participant’s ability to receive any Prize(s) won as per Section 7 below.
- No Lottery – No purchase, payment or other obligation is necessary to enter or win.
- Conditions of Participation – By entering any Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to abide by RSI’s decisions relating to the Contest which are final and binding. If a winner accepts a prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by RSI, in perpetuity and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any further compensation, notification, or permission, to the extent admissible by applicable law. For their consideration as Contest Entries, you agree that your postings of your submissions including all their materials and content are UGC as defined in the RSI Terms.
- Determination of Winner – Within two (2) days after the end of the Contest Duration, RSI staff (the “Judges”) will select three (3) winning Entries for the round from among the eligible Contest Entries based on style, quality, and rule adherence, and the winner will be the respective Participant submitting said Entry. While a Participant may make multiple entries, any given Participant may have at most one winning Entry during the entire Contest as a whole. Pledging on the RSI website does not affect or increase the chances of winning. The winning entries will be ranked from first to third. To be eligible to receive a prize, winners must confirm and verify their RSI account handle to the Judges if such is not already clearly associated with their Contest Entry. Additionally, subject to the First Place winner’s compliance with all the requirements of these Rules and the RSI Terms, RSI will submit the First Place winning design to its design team to assess the possibility of including it, subject to legal and/or business clearances, as a digital asset in some form in Game in a future holiday season.
- Prizes – Eligible Participants who submit winning Contest Entries as determined by the Judges will be awarded prizes on their RSI Account as indicated within this Section. Limit one prize per winner, even if the winning Participant submitted or participated in more than one winning Contest Entry. The prizes are as follows:
- First Place: Crusader Industries Mercury Star Runner in-game standalone ship with LTI (in-game lifetime insurance)
- Second Place: Esperia Talon in-game standalone ship with Lifetime Insurance
- Third Place: Consolidated Outland Nomad in-game standalone ship with Lifetime Insurance
- Notification – Winners will be notified and their Accounts identified to the public via the RSI Site after the Contest has closed and the Winners are selected, on or by January 13, 2021.
- Claims and Forfeiture – Winners will be notified via the RSI Site, their RSI account, or email listed in their RSI account on or by January 15, 2021. To receive their respective prize(s), winners will be required to sign an affidavit or otherwise provide affirmative consent regarding their eligibility, an assignment of rights with respect to the winning material or content, liability release (including for travel risks if the prize includes traveling), a publicity release approving the use of their name and likeness for publicity and marketing purposes, payment of applicable federal, and state tax releases, which release needs to be returned via email to RSI within 48 hours of notification, or else forfeit their Prize. A winner must respond to any such notices sent and provide the information and/or signatures needed to be owed any such Prize; failure to so respond will result in forfeiture of the Prize and, at RSI’s discretion, disqualification of the winner and allocating any limited quantity Prize, if applicable, to an alternate winner. For fulfillment of any physical prize, A winner must provide a mailing address for shipping within a jurisdiction where the Contest and his or participation are legally valid. RSI will cover the cost of shipping or delivery required for prizes that are not Virtual Goods, but a Winner must cover any customs or import duties and clearance fees for delivery. Failure by a Winner to cover said duties or fees will result in forfeiture.
- Disqualification – Any breach of the RSI Terms or these Rules by you may disqualify you from participation in any Contest or receiving prizes. RSI may, at its option, disqualify you from participation if you have previously won a prize or been disqualified from any contest, sweepstakes, competition, or other promotional offering held by RSI. Any Participant who submits a Contest Entry that they themselves did not create or contribute to may be disqualified from the Contest. Submissions that contain material or content in violation of the RSI Terms, that fail to adhere to the requirements within these Rules, or is fraudulent in any way may also be disqualified. The disqualification of one Contest Entry by a Participant may result in the disqualification of any or all other Contest Entries submitted by or contributed to by that Participant. RSI staff and administrators, at their discretion, may remove, or order removed any and all entries submitted by a disqualified participant, as well as any entry deemed ineligible by failure to abide by the requirements of these Rules.
- Alternate Winners – In the event of the disqualification of a winner or his or her associated Contest Entry(s), RSI may, at its option, select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries submitted to the Contest during its duration.
- Valuation – Unless otherwise stated in the Contest announcements or communications, prizes are digital Virtual Goods as indicated in the RSI Terms, Section XI., Virtual Goods. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and do not add, contribute, or otherwise represent any monetary value to your account. If a winner chooses to accept only portions of a prize, no compensation shall be awarded for the portion(s) not accepted and no substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers are permitted except at the sole discretion of RSI. In jurisdictions where the law requires the disclosure of the retail value of a prize, the retail value of the non-transferable Digital Good as a prize is zero unless otherwise indicated.
- Governing Law – The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and void where prohibited.
- No Right to Sue – To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, by participating in any Contests you agree that you will not commence any legal action or lawsuit or assert any claim seeking relief against RSI or its affiliates arising from, relating to, or connected in any way with the Contests, including but not limited to, the awarding, redemption, delivery, or fulfillment of any prizes, the determination of winners or eligibility, or disqualification.
- Limited License – other than for the sole and limited purpose of participating in the Contest during the Contest Duration, these Rules grant no license, permission, or rights to use RSI Content, game content, or any RSI intellectual property for any other purpose whatsoever.
- Miscellaneous – Except as set forth herein otherwise, all terms of the RSI Terms apply, including (without limitation) XX. Indemnification, XXI. Disputes and XXIII. Miscellaneous.