Star Marine/Arena Commander Tutorial (Q2 2018) Contest Rules
These rules (“Rules”) apply to the Star Marine/Arena Commander Tutorial (Q2 2018) Contest (“Contest”) carried out by Roberts Space Industries LLC and/or Roberts Space Industries International Limited (individually and collectively “RSI”) and their affiliates. Please read these Rules carefully. By submitting a Contest Entry, you accept and agree to these Rules. If you do not agree to these Rules, any Contest Entry submitted by you will be invalid and you will not be eligible to participate in the Contest or win a prize.
- Eligibility – To participate in the Contest you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and reside in a jurisdiction where the Contest and your participation is legally permitted. You must have an account at RSI and have agreed to the RSI Terms of Service (see: www.robertspaceindustries.com/tos – the “RSI Terms”). Employees of RSI and of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, partner of the Contest (if any) and each of their immediate family members and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win.
- Duration – Unless otherwise specified, the Contest begins on May 16, 2018 after it is officially announced on the webshow, “Around the Verse” and ends May 30, 2018 11:59pm PDT as indicated by these Contest Rules and any follow-up announcements related thereto (the “Announcement”). An entry will not be valid if not submitted within the Duration. An entry will also be invalid if further modified or edited by the Participant after the Duration.
- Participation and Entry – To submit a Contest Entry, you must create and submit a gameplay tutorial video to one or both of the contest threads indicated within the Announcement on the RSI Website Spectrum service; one of the contest threads is dedicated to Arena Commander entries and the other is dedicated to Star Marine entries (respectively the “Arena Commander Contest Thread” and the “Star Marine Contest Thread”, and together collectively the “Contest Threads”). A Contest Entry is deemed received on the date and time in PDT indicated on the submission’s posting to a Contest Thread, and is invalid if either its date and time the entry’s submission, or the date and time that entry first becomes visible and reviewable to the Judges, falls outside the Contest Duration. Contest Entries, including the thread posting on the RSI Site, linked video, and any other content within, are UGC submitted to the RSI Services under Section XII of the Terms and may be published and used by RSI without further notice, attribution, or compensation to you (see https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos#license_grants ).
- 1. General Entry Requirements – Contest Entries and all content associated therewith must abide by the following requirements:
- the tutorial video must have a total running time of no more than 5 minutes, including any preamble or postscript.
- the tutorial video must be in 1920×1080 resolution.
- the video tutorial must be uploaded to YouTube
- the Contest Entry post must include a publicly accessible link to the offered tutorial video
- must, in whole and in part, stand alone and not require reference to, or incorporate by reference, any other video, submission, Contest Entry, or external content of any kind.
- must abide by the Terms including Sections III (Rules of Conduct) and XII (Intellectual property) (see https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos#rules_of_conduct— https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos#intellectual_property).
- have a maximum of three (3) contributors or collaborators
- list the publicly-viewable unique Account Handles of each contributor or collaborator
- not include any third party music, effects, sounds, soundtrack, or other third party content
- 2. Arena Commander Tutorial Required Content – video tutorials submitted to the Arena Commander Contest Thread must provide content addressing all of the following topics:
- Ship Customization
- Multiplayer, Singleplayer, and Private game modes
- Game Modes:
- Battle Royale
- Squadron Battle
- Free Flight
- Vanduul Swarm
- Classic Race
- Pirate Swarm
- Combat Modes:
- Scoring and Victory Conditions
- Race Tracks:
- Old Vanderval
- Rikkord Memorial Raceway
- Defford Link
- Dying Star
- Broken Moon
- New Horizons
- Lobby Options
- 3. Star Marine Tutorial Required Content – video tutorials submitted to the Star Marine Contest Thread must provide content addressing all of the following topics:
- Loadout Manager
- Multiplayer and Private Modes
- Game Modes:
- Last Stand
- Scoring and Victory Conditions
- OP Station Demien
- Echo Eleven
- Lobby Options
- No Lottery – No purchase, payment or other obligation is necessary to enter or win.
- Conditions of Participation – By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to abide by RSI’s decisions relating to the Contest which are final and binding. If a winner accepts a prize, said winner consents to the use of his or her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by RSI, in perpetuity throughout the universe and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any further compensation, notification, or permission, to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law.
- Determination of Winner – Within five days after the end of the Contest, RSI staff (the “Judges”) will select three winning eligible Contest Entries, ranked in order from first place to third place, from the Arena Commander Contest Thread and three winning eligible Contest Entries, ranked in first place to third place, from the Star Marine Contest Thread. The video tutorial submitted with the first-place winning Contest Entry for each of the Contest Threads will be featured on the “How To” section of the RSI website. RSI reserves the right to adapt or edit any or all aspects or content of the winning tutorial content at its sole discretion for posting on the RSI Services. The persons identified by their publicly-viewable Account Handles within the Contest Entry will be deemed the winners of their respective prizes. While a Participant may make or contribute to multiple independent entries, any given Participant may only be awarded for at most one winning Entry during the entire Contest as a whole. Pledging on the RSI website does not affect or increase the chances of winning.
- Prizes – Eligible Participants who submit winning Contest Entries as determined by the Judges will be awarded prizes on their RSI Account as indicated herein. Limit one prize per winner, even if the winning Participant submitted more than one winning Contest Entry, or submitted Contest Entries to both Contest Threads. The prizes are as follows:
- 1. – Arena Commander Tutorial Prizes:
1st Place – Aegis Sabre Game Package with complimentary Lifetime Insurance option
2nd Place – MISC Razor Game Package with complimentary Lifetime Insurance option
3rd Place – Aegis Avenger Titan Game Package with complimentary Lifetime Insurance option
- 1. – Star Marine Tutorial Prizes:
1st Place – Anvil Terrapin Game Package with complimentary Lifetime Insurance option
2nd Place – Tumbril Nova Game Package with complimentary Lifetime Insurance option
3rd Place – Tumbril Cyclone-TR Game Package with complimentary Lifetime Insurance option
- Notification – Winners will be notified and their Accounts identified to the public via the RSI Site after the Contest has ended and the Winners selected, within 7 days after the end of the Contest.
- Claims and Forfeiture – Winners will be notified via the RSI account or email listed in their RSI account as soon as determined. To receive their respective prize(s), winners will be required to sign an affidavit or otherwise provide affirmative consent regarding their eligibility, liability release (including for travel risks if the prize includes traveling), a publicity release approving the use of their name and likeness for publicity and marketing purposes, payment of applicable federal, and state tax releases, which release needs to be returned via email to RSI within 48 hours of notification, or else forfeit their Prize. A winner must respond to any such notices sent and provide the information needed to be owed any such Prize; failure to so respond will result in forfeiture of the Prize and, at RSI’s discretion, disqualification of the winner and allocating any limited quantity Prize, if applicable, to an alternate winner. For fulfillment of any physical prize, a winner must provide a mailing address for shipping within a jurisdiction where the Contest and his or participation are legally valid. RSI will cover the cost of shipping or delivery required for prizes that are not Virtual Goods, but a Winner must cover any customs or import duties and clearance fees for delivery. Failure by a Winner to cover said duties or fees will result in forfeiture.
- Disqualification – Any breach of the RSI Terms or these Rules by you will disqualify you from participation in any Contest or receiving prizes. RSI may, at its option, disqualify you from participation if you have previously won a prize from any contest, sweepstakes, competition, or other promotional offering held by RSI. Any Participant who submits a Contest Entry that they themselves did not create or contribute to may be disqualified from the Contest. Submissions that contain material or content in violation of the RSI Terms, or that fail to adhere to the requirements within these Rules may also be disqualified. The disqualification of one Contest Entry by a Participant may result in the disqualification of any or all other Contest Entries submitted by or contributed to by that Participant. RSI staff and administrators, at their discretion, may remove, or order removed any and all entries submitted by a disqualified participant, as well as any entry deemed ineligible by failure to abide by the requirements of these Rules.
- Alternate Winners – In the event of the disqualification of a winner or his or her associated Contest Entry(s), RSI may, at its option, select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries submitted to the Contest during its duration.
- Valuation – Unless otherwise stated in the Contest announcements or communications, prizes are digital Virtual Goods as indicated in the RSI Terms of, Section XI., Virtual Goods. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and do not add, contribute, or otherwise represent any monetary value to your account. If a winner chooses to accept only portions of a prize, no compensation shall be awarded for the portion(s) not accepted and no substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers are permitted except at the sole discretion of RSI. In jurisdictions where the law requires the disclosure of the retail value of a prize, the retail value of the non-transferable Digital Good as a prize is zero unless otherwise indicated.
- Governing Law – The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and void where prohibited.
- No Right to Sue – To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, by participating in any Contests you agree that you will not commence any legal action or lawsuit or assert any claim seeking relief against RSI or its affiliates arising from, relating to, or connected in any way with the Contests, including but not limited to, the awarding, redemption, delivery, or fulfillment of any prizes, the determination of winners or eligibility, or disqualification.
- Limited License – other than for the sole and limited purpose of participating in the Contest during the Contest Duration, these Rules grant no license, permission, or rights to use RSI Content, game content, or any RSI intellectual property for any other purpose whatsoever.
- Miscellaneous: Except as not set forth herein otherwise, all terms of the RSI Terms apply, including (without limitation) XX. Indemnification, XXI. Disputes and XXIII. Miscellaneous.