APRIL-MAY 2018 SCREENSHOT CONTEST RULES
These rules (“Rules”) apply to the April-May 2018 Screenshot Contest (“Contest) carried out by Roberts Space Industries LLC and/or Roberts Space Industries International Limited (individually and collectively “RSI”) and their affiliates.
- Eligibility – To participate in the Contest you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and reside in a jurisdiction where the Contest and your participation is legally permitted. You must have an account at RSI and have agreed to the RSI Terms of Service (see: www.robertspaceindustries.com/tos – the “RSI Terms”). Employees of RSI and of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, partner of the Contest (if any) and each of their immediate family members and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win.
- Duration – Unless otherwise specified, Contest entries must be submitted beginning Monday, April 23, 2018 and ending Sunday May 13, 2018 as indicated by these Contest Rules and any follow-up announcements related thereto (the “Announcement”). The Contest Duration is divided into three rounds of participation, each with a Sub-Duration as follows:
First round: April 23, 2018 through May 29, 2018
Second round: April 30, 2018 through May 6, 2018
Third round: May 7, 2018 through May 13, 2018
- Participation and Entry – The Announcement discloses a Contest Thread posted on Spectrum associated with each round of the Contest. To submit a Contest Entry, you must, while logged into your RSI Account, submit your screenshot to the appropriate Contest Thread during the Sub-Duration of the current round of the Contest (defined above). Each screenshot submitted according to the Contest constitutes a “Contest Entry”. Each Contest Entry is associated with the Participant who submitted it. Group submissions on behalf of more than one person (including player organizations) are not permitted and will not be considered. A Contest Entry must be submitted by the individual who created it; submitting a Contest Entry that was created by another person is grounds for disqualification (see below). A Contest Entry submitted to a Contest Thread is invalid if its date or time of submission falls outside the Sub-Duration associated with that round’s Contest Thread.
- No Lottery – No purchase, payment or other obligation is necessary to enter or win.
- Conditions of Participation – By entering any Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to abide by RSI’s decisions relating to the Contest which are final and binding. If a winner accepts a prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by RSI, in perpetuity and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any further compensation, notification, or permission, to the extent admissible by applicable law.
- Determination of Winner – Within 48 hours after the end of each round of the Contest, RSI staff (the “Judges”) will select winning Entries for the round from among the eligible Contest Entries and the winner will be the respective Participant submitting said Entry. Each round of the Contest may have individual or unique criteria as disclosed in the Announcement or that round’s Contest Thread that inform the Judges’ determinations. While a Participant may make multiple entries, any given Participant may have at most one winning Entry during the entire Contest as a whole. Pledging on the RSI website does not affect or increase the chances of winning.
- Prizes – For each round, the eligible Participant who submitted the top valid Contest Entry as determined by the Judges for that round will be awarded an Intel® Optane™ 900P SSD (solid state drive).
a. Warranty – The prize Intel® Optane™ 900P SSD is furnished by Intel and covered by any applicable Intel warranty. RSI provides no warranty for the Intel® Optane™ 900P SSD.
b. Liability – If a Prize SSD is damaged or broken during shipping, RSI will endeavor to send a replacement SSD, if available, upon return of the damaged Prize to RSI. In no event will RSI be liable to the Winner for loss or special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind in relation to the Contest or the Prizes. Prizes are shipped and delivered on an “as-is” basis; RSI is not responsible for any loss, damage, or condition of a Prize in shipping and bears no liability or responsibility for returns or replacement of a lost or damaged Prize.
- Notification – Winners will be notified and their Accounts identified to the public via the RSI Site after the Contests has ended and the Winners selected, within 48 hours after the end of the Contest
- Claims and Forfeiture – Winners will be notified via the RSI account or email listed in their RSI account as soon as determined. To receive their respective prize(s), winners will be required to sign an affidavits or otherwise provide affirmative consent regarding their eligibility, liability release (including for travel risks if the prize includes traveling), a publicity release approving the use of their name and likeness for publicity and marketing purposes, payment of applicable federal, and state tax releases, which release needs to be returned via email to RSI within 48 hours of notification, or else forfeit their Prize. A winner must respond to any such notices sent and provide the information needed to be owed any such Prize; failure to so respond will result in forfeiture of the Prize and, at RSI’s discretion, disqualification of the winner and allocating any limited quantity Prize, if applicable, to an alternate winner. A winner must provide a mailing address for shipping within a jurisdiction where the Contest and his or participation are legally valid. RSI will cover the cost of shipping or delivery required for prizes that are not Virtual Goods, but a Winner must cover any customs or import duties and clearance fees for delivery. Failure by a Winner to cover said duties or fees will result in forfeiture.
- Disqualification – Any breach of the RSI Terms or these Rules by you will disqualify you from participation in any Contest or receiving prizes. RSI may, at its option, disqualify you from participation if you have previously won a prize from any contest, sweepstakes, competition, or other promotional offering held by RSI. Any Participant who submits a Contest Entry that they themselves did not create may be disqualified from the Contest. Submissions that contain material or content in violation of the RSI Terms may also be disqualified. The disqualification of one Contest Entry by a Participant may result in the disqualification of any or all other Contest Entries submitted by that Participant.
- Alternate Winners – In the event of the disqualification of a winner from any round of the Contest, RSI may, at its option, select an alternate winner for that round from the remaining eligible entries submitted to the Contest during its duration.
- Valuation – Unless otherwise stated in the Contest announcements or communications, prizes are digital Virtual Goods as indicated in the RSI Terms of, Section XI., Virtual Goods. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and do not add, contribute, or otherwise represent any monetary value to your account. If a winner chooses to accept only portions of a prize, no compensation shall be awarded for the portion(s) not accepted and no substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers are permitted except at the sole discretion of RSI. In jurisdictions where the law requires the disclosure of the retail value of a prize, the retail value of the non-transferable Digital Good as a prize is zero unless otherwise indicated.
- Governing Law – The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and void where prohibited.
- No Right to Sue – To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, by participating in any Contests you agree that you will not commence any legal action or lawsuit or assert any claim seeking relief against RSI or its affiliates arising from, relating to, or connected in any way with the Contests, including but not limited to, the awarding, redemption, delivery, or fulfillment of any prizes, the determination of winners or eligibility, or disqualification.
- Miscellaneous: Except as not set forth herein otherwise, all terms of the RSI Terms apply, including (without limitation) XX. Indemnification, XXI. Disputes and XXIII. Miscellaneous.