We are kicking off the Year Three perks for Star Citizen’s development subscriber program! Subscribers get access to monthly issues of Jump Point, exclusive in-game flair, test pilot access and weekly Vault updates in addition to a number of other perks. The revenue from subscriptions goes to improving Star Citizen and to producing community outreach projects like 10 for the Chairman and Around the Verse. You can read the plan for Year Three here. Note that subscribing for a year at a time now provides a discount!
Additionally, if you’ve been a subscriber in the past year you can expect to see additional REC on your account on Monday! To cover the ongoing Test Pilot and Advanced Test Pilot rewards, we’re giving enough REC to cover the purchase of a Hornet (Test Pilot) or Super Hornet (Advanced Test Pilot) rental for each month earned. That means you get to test the ship for seven days of gameplay instead of just one! You can also save the REC, use it on a different ship or rent any weapon/component upgrades!
Centurions and Imperators will receive the following each month:
- Exclusive access to Jump Point, Star Citizen’s official digital magazine. A full-color, lengthy (40+ pages) monthly newsletter including updates from the team, in-universe fiction serials available nowhere else and behind-the-screens information about Star Citizen’s development. Subscribers can access the entire collection of Jump Point back issues at any time.
- Decorate your Hangar! Subscribers receive an exclusive digital hangar flair item every month; ranging from collectible spacecraft models to interactive lockers. This flair is awarded on the second Friday of every month. Subscribers also have exclusive access to the subscriber flair store, where previous issues are available for purchase.
- Unlock ‘The Vault’! The Vault is a collection of Star Citizen concept and work-in-progress artwork generated by the team that would otherwise never be seen, including ‘paths not taken’ discarded concept art for the true collector. The Vault is updated weekly, every Wednesday. The Vault also includes access to full resolution versions of all imagery used to create Jump Point.
- VIP Event flair! Active subscribers will get an exclusive variant flair item for every CIG-ticketed event in the next year, including Gamescom, CitizenCon and more. In order to receive this perk, you must be an active subscriber at the time of the event.
- Access to the Subscriber’s Den forum and the subscriber-only chatroom. Meet like-minded individuals, and even interact with CIG staff in a more intimate environment.
- Got a question? Subscribers have exclusive access to submit questions for Chris Roberts’ weekly “10 for the Chairman” sessions via the Subscriber’s Den!
- “TEST PILOT” access – a monthly allotment of Rental Equipment Credits (REC) to cover the seven-day rental of up to an Anvil Hornet in Arena Commander each month. Test Pilot REC may be used for ships or weapons, or even saved for the future! (11,000 REC, awarded monthly.) REC can be used in Arena Commander AND Star Marine.
In addition to those perks, Imperator Subscribers will also receive the following each month:
- Make mine a double! After subscribing, Imperators get two copies of all future monthly digital hangar flair items and event flair items. One for you, and one to share. Flair is awarded on the second Friday of every month.
- “Vanduul Test Pilot Badge” which allows access to fly the Vanduul Scythe. Each month of subscription time will give you an additional 24 hours of access to the Scythe. Please note: this is not currently available, but will be awarded retroactively once it is available.
- “ADVANCED TEST PILOT” access – a monthly allotment of Rental Equipment Credits (REC) to cover the seven-day rental of up to an Anvil Super Hornet in Arena Commander each month. Test Pilot REC may be used for ships or weapons, or even saved for the future! (16,500 REC, awarded monthly.) REC can be used in Arena Commander AND Star Marine.
For every 12 months of Centurion time, you’ll receive:
- Centurion Year 3 decal for your ship. (Note that this is not available immediately but will be awarded upon release to those eligible.)
- Your name in the game! We can’t tell you where you’ll find it, but if you subscribe for at least twelve months your name will be located somewhere in the Star Citizen world.
For every 12 months of Imperator time, you’ll receive these perks in addition:
- A single-use 15%-off coupon for the store after one year of subscription or after purchasing a full year of subscription.
- Imperator Year 3 decal for your ship. (Note that this is not available immediately but will be awarded upon release to those eligible.)
- Create a pirate! We’re populating Spider with NPCs and you will have the right to name one and create their backstory for the official Galactapedia! (CIG reserves the right to edit any content created as part of this perk.)
More information about subscriptions can be found HERE
REC for year two subscribers will be added on April 6th, 2015.