Star Citizen Patch 2.5.0
Alpha Patch 2.5.0 has been released and is now available for players! This patch provides access to our GrimHEX outlaw base, new clothing options, new automated landing technology and three new flyable ships – the Reliant KORE, Argo MPUV (Cargo Variant), and Argo MPUV (Passenger Variant). This is all in addition to bug fixes for the rest of our game and content.
Your launcher should show “2.5.0-393743” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Live client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.
Please review our Knowledge Base and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.
- Exit Seat is now “Hold F” on keyboard and “Hold Y” on gamepad.
- This includes beds, seats and chairs.
- We will be wiping the persistence database with this patch from 2.4.1 to 2.5.0. All aUEC progress and item purchases will be reset.
- New Features
- Updates and Fixes
Crusader Industries would like to alert all pilots to avoid Yela and surrounding asteroid field. Pirates have become increasingly aggressive, and there have been reports returning to us over the past several months of their attempts to lure pilots off course with fake requests for assistance. Crusader Industries believes they are based out of the decommissioned Green Imperial station, however attempts to locate the station have been difficult of late. Please report any suspicious activity, and consider any unidentified craft leaving the asteroid field extremely dangerous.
The people of GrimHEX asteroid station would like to cordially invite the Crusader Industries to QT into the nearest star. There aren’t any pirates operating out of our base and we’re open for business to everyone this economy left in the dust from here to Terra. You’re very welcome to visit and enjoy our fine goods, services and lodgings. Many shops of our shops and services are temporarily closed while we make some repairs from the last group of over-eager “heroes” that came through, but we welcome all comers!
- GrimHEX is our new Outlaw base location that can be located by navigating through the Yela asteroid field or via dying/spawning while an Outlaw.
- This abandoned Housing Exchange is located in the Yela asteroid field and has been increasingly popular among the criminal element.
- Currently featuring a weapons/armor store and clothing store, they’re stocked with items you can’t find at Port Olisar.
- GrimHEX will continue to expand with future patches to eventually include a bar, criminal missions and outlaw racing area.
- Port Olisar, Crusader
- The LiveWire Weapons franchise in Port Olisar is not selling energy weapons and only ballistic weapons can be purchased at this location for the time being.
- Outlaw armor sets are available on GrimHEX exclusively, and can no longer be purchased at Garrity Defense.
- Skutters is a small weapon and armor shop on GrimHEX, that just so happens to be specializing in energy weapons for the discerning shopper… who does not ask where they were obtained from.
- KC Trending is a new location on GrimHEX station that offers a whole new selection of clothing for the discreet independent pilot. From shoes to hats, they’ve got the latest in underground fashion.
New Landing System!
- The first phase of our new landing system has been implemented to provide a simpler, more intuitive landing experience.
- This system will grow over the coming releases to ultimately incorporate things like docking and the ability to request/obtain landing authorization via the new Comms System.
- Players are now able to enter Landing Mode by simply lowering their landing gear (done by tapping the “N” key on the keyboard).
- Landing Mode reduces the speed of the ship down to Precision Mode speed and changes the AR display from regular AR to landing AR.
- This flags landing pads as either Valid, Invalid or Recommended.
- By default, Valid pads are unobstructed and the correct size for the ship, whereas Invalid pads are either obstructed or the wrong size.
- There will only ever be one Recommended pad flagged at any one time, and it’ll normally be the closest Valid pad to the player.
- Once over a pad, the player can either land their ship manually or automatically (holding down the “N” key).
- This is provided that the Landings Zone offers Automatic Landing service.
- A few seconds after touch down, Landing Mode will be disabled and the AR display will return to normal.
- A few seconds after taking off, Landing Mode will re-enable for as long as the landing gear is down.
- Putting the landing gear away will disable Landing Mode.
Item System 2.0We have begun converting player and ship items to our new item system. As with the prior, similar updates to ship components, this is largely at the back-end level. Implementing new component class systems, naming conventions and other needed functionality, as well as retrofitting all existing armors and weapons to be compatible. These changes will allow us to implement greater modularity to first-person items. Additionally, this will allow items to interact with one another in a more direct and less “handwavium” simulation, setting the foundation for greater player interaction and future game play mechanics.
- This should not affect the function of any in-game items, and changes to player item stats should be minimal.
Player Health System 2.0
- We have implemented the first phase of our new player health system!
- This includes the implementation of better individual limb damage and health, more granular damage states.
- This also lays the groundwork for future features like injury penalties that impact your gameplay experience based upon the damage grade of your body parts.
- Player health dolls should now show Normal (Green) health when it reaches 100%-61%, a Hurt (Yellow) state from 60%-41% health, a Damaged (Red) state from 40%-10%, and the Ruined (Dark Red) state at 10%-0%.
- Taking a certain level of critical damage limb damage can also cause player death.
Wanted Level System Update
- Players with outlaw wanted level who enter Crusader will spawn in GrimHEX.
- This also applies to outlaw players who die and respawn in Crusader.
- Players with outlaw wanted levels will no longer have Port Olisar as a QT option, and instead will see GrimHEX.
- The Reliant KORE, Argo MPUV (Cargo Variant), and Argo MPUV (Passenger Variant) are all now flight ready!
- Reliant KORE is available in both Arena Commander and Crusader.
- The Argo MPUV is only available in Crusader at this time, as it does not have weapons to defend itself in the Arena Commander simulation.
- A new size 5 laser cannon, the M7A, has been introduced!
- This is the now part of the Starfarer Gemini’s main turret loadout, as originally intended.
- Added a keybind mapping for X52 Pro HOTAS.
Keyboard and Gamepad
** Exit Seat is no longer behind Modifier 1 on any device.
*** It is now “Hold F” on keyboard and “Hold Y” on gamepad.
*** This has been given a longer hold time than most – at 1 second you will have to really want to exit your seat.
*** Landing System toggle and pad selection is no longer there – removed for a manual landing gear deploy retract and autoland.
*** Deploy landing gear with “N” for keyboard / “B” for gamepad.
*** Hold these keys while in a landing zone to autoland.
- Mapped new actions for Cooler Rate Increase / Decrease Throttle
- Keyboard binding is “Left Alt + numpad 7/8”
- Power Plant throttle moved to be next to the Cooler throttle
- Keyboard binding is “Left Alt + numpad 4/5”
- (Double tap for max and min)
- Keyboard binding is “Left Alt + numpad 4/5”
- Removed the Throttle Max and Throttle Min from the double tap “S” and “W” for the default key mapping.
- This was done to prevent accidental collisions, however it can still be mapped by the player as they wish.
- There is also still the Max / Min toggle on “Backspace” if required.
Updates and Fixes
- Fixed an issue where shadows around Port Olisar would flicker at certain angles and perspectives.
- Updated and simplified the Quantum Travel marker names for better readability.
- Made some minor visual effects updates to the interior of Port Olisar.
- Made some balance changes to the pirate ships in Crusader so they use updated components.
Area 18, ArcCorp
- Finished a massive lighting and visual effects update to Area 18, ArcCorp.
- Fixed an issue where a large green arrow could be seen in reflection of the Jobwell glass.
- Fixed an issue where the user camera could clip through the wall of the incinerator on Area 18.
VFG Industrial Hangar
- Adjusted the lighting in the VFG hangar to be less dark.
- Fixed an issue where the decals would disappear off of the landing pads in Free Flight game mode.
- Fixed a bug that allowed player characters to slide uncontrollably across landing pads when transitioning out of EVA at speed.
- Fixed an issue where EVA animations would stutter when approaching a landing pad.
- Fixed an issue where inspecting weapons would cause the users outfit to switch into the standard flight suit regardless of what they were currently wearing.
- Fixed an issue where the weapon shops were not correctly recognizing the maximum number of equipped weapons, resulting in a number of problems, including causing some size 3 FPS weapons to disappear.
- Name-tags for players in Augmented Reality now appear at 25 meters.
- Fixed an issue where using the mobiGlas hotkey while in a turret would cause a chain reaction of problems.
- Fixed an issue where the CF-007 Bulldog Repeater, CF-117 Badger Repeater, and CF-227 Panther Repeater didn’t slow their rate of fire when running low on energy.
- Fixed issues where the missile smoke trail effects could not be seen unless the missile is very close to the viewer.
- Fixed an issue where the engine thruster exhaust effects was displaying circular blurs instead of proper visuals.
- Made a number of exit and enter animation improvements for the Avenger Warlock.
- Constellation Andromeda
- The missile racks for the Constellation Andromeda can no longer be edited by Port Mod.
- The side missile racks on the Constellation Andromeda should now target and fire properly.
- Cutlass Black
- Made a number of exit and entrance animation improvements for the Cutlass Black.
- The missile racks for the Cutlass Black can no longer be edited by Port Mod.
- Added strafing control animations for the Freelancer pilot.
- Updated the audio for the Freelancer cockpit doors so it is properly synced.
- Added boosting visual effects to the Freelancer’s thrusters.
- Toned down the brightness of the Freelancer maneuvering thruster.
- The missile and torpedo racks on the Gladiator can no longer be edited Port Mod.
- Fixed an issue where the shell casings on the Scorpion gun would fly in front of the pilot before disappearing.
- Made some improvements to the Hornet series audio, for all variants except the F7C-M.
- Fixed an issue with the F7C-M Hornet, where the ship would not transition into damage states correctly on being damaged.
- Fixed some of the control issues with the F7C-M Hornet Turret.
- The missile racks for the M50 can no longer be edited by Port Mod.
- Fixed an issue with the Mustang Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Omega wherein the ships had no explosion audio or visual when destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the Mustang series could not be repaired if wings were damaged.
- Fixed an issue where users could not exit the Mustang Gamma if it was partially damaged and landed.
- Fixed an issue where there were no lights present in the back of the Mustang Beta.
- Fixed an issue where the exterior lights on the Mustang Alpha did not function.
- Fixed an issue where the locker onboard the Mustang Beta could not be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue where the armor plates on the Mustang Delta wings would continue to float alongside after the wings were destroyed.
- Reliant KORE
- Fixed an issue where excessive fog was leaking out of the Reliant in the Hangar.
- Fixed an issue with the AEGIS Sabre where the throttle floats in mid-air during entry animations.
- Made some alterations to the Sabre handling to make it more nimble, and have less jerkiness when rolling.
- Added strafing control animations for the Starfarer pilot.
- Fixed an issue where the forward port landing skid on the Starfarer was offset from housing.
- Vanguard Warden
- The missile racks on the Vanguard Warden can no longer be edited by Port Mod.
- First-person camera views have received significant attention to provide a much more stable and smooth viewing experience for players.
- There is now a UI sound that is triggered when an enemy is shot by the player.
- Updated the “Examine Pistol” animation for shopping.
- Made a number of improvements to character prone animations.
- Fixed an issue where the death animation would play twice when a character was shot.
- Fixed an issue where the burp emote contained no audio.
- Fixed an issue where the user would desync after aiming down the sights of the Arrowhead Sniper Rifle.
- Assault rifles will now properly re-center after the user sprints.
- Fixed an issue where the Port Modification Hangar modes would still show the name of a ship after it had been removed.
- Fixed an issue with Hostility UI, where the orange wanted icon for Wanted Level 1 would not appear.
- Fixed an issue where the 3rd person Free Cam could not zoom in or out.
- Fixed an issue where changes to the Graphics Quality in the options menu did not actually change the quality of graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the camera could remain locked to the elevator menu transition, after backing out of the universe menu.
- Ship target HUD now dynamically changes colors based on the allegiance of the target.
- Fixed an issue where users in free cursor mode would still fire their primary Weapon Group when clicking.
- Fixed an issue where the aiming reticle on a Gamepad or a HOTAS would become very erratic when targeting enemies.
- Fixed an issue where the Retaliator HUD would not update correctly after the ship was repaired.
- Fixed a number of client crashes.
- Fixed a number of server crashes.
- Fixed a client disconnection (Code 1) that would sometimes occur when loading into Arena Commander.
- Added a new error (10002) for players who are disconnected due to duplicate login.
- This can be due to the account already being logged in on another computer or client.
- This can also happen after a crash or force-close of the game, when the prior connection has not timed out yet.
- Fixed an issue with Area 18, ArcCorp, where there were severe FPS drops when looking at the center of the level.
- Fixed an issue where switching between 1st and 3rd camera view would briefly drop the client frames per second down to 5.
SettingsOne column Two columns Oldest first Newest first Most appreciated first