Thank you from the whole team at Cloud Imperium Games!
Thanks to your efforts, the Aurora sale has been an incredible success. To our long time backers, we want to say thank you for spreading the word. We ran the Aurora promotion without any sort of press budget; it was your grassroots efforts that got the word out about this sale and made it a big success. You helped us make Star Citizen a possibility when the campaign began and now you’re helping to make it bigger than we ever dreamed possible.
To our new backers, we would like to say welcome and thank you for lending your support. Your pledges are helping us making the game we’ve always wanted to play, and helping us go around the studio system to create a truly independent AAA title. For those of you who are new, here are some of the services you can expect from the website, with more planned for the upcoming relaunch!:
- Comm-Link: Daily posts about the game, from team interviews to concept art to design mechanics. There’s always something new in the Comm-Link.
- Spectrum Dispatch: Twice-weekly updates about Star Citizen’s universe including ongoing short fiction designed to take you into our world before the game launches.
- Wingman’s Hangar: A weekly live show about Star Citizen’s development that will introduce you to the team, update you on our progress and celebrate our fans! Our YouTube channel also features plenty of bonus content and longer videos.
- Ask a Developer!: The RSI forums include a special section with a thread for every member of the Star Citizen team. Team members take time each week to answer the questions you post!
- Live Chat: The Star Citizen live chat is hopping 24/7, and members of the development team stop by daily to chat about the game.
Want to know even more about the game? Here are some “must read” Comm-Link updates!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this promotion and that you’ll want to see similar campaigns in the future. As you may know, we like to involve the community in our decisions wherever possible. In that spirit, we would like to ask a few questions about this promotion to get a feel for future efforts: