I figured I would take a break from my standard affair of making laser cut ships and try something a little different. After reading through a couple costume builds with full size 3D printed guns, I was hooked. I only own one 3D printer so it took around the week shuffling all the parts through the printer as well as dealing with life stuff. At the end of it all, I’m pretty happy for my first attempt! Learned some lessons about how to slice larger models so hopefully next time it goes even smoother.
The model is more or less modified game files. I stitched them to solid and hacked away to create what you see. The slices are done to keep part sizes well within moderately sized printer bases. I hollowed out the core of the model and gave it a hardware store lumber backbone. This ultimately reduced the filament amount required down to just one spool… as well as increased the weight for a more realistic feel. I also replaced the accessory mounts with picatinny rail so all of your real world "tacticool" accessories can be attached. The magazine is also separate and can be detached.
Like all of my projects, I am providing all of the files so you can make one yourself. Links to the files and parts lists can be found on my post in the forums!
Enjoy and happy printing!