Happy Friday, everyone!
Each and every week, we accompany the Roadmap update with a brief explanatory note to give you insight into the decision-making that led to any changes. This is part of an effort to make our communications more transparent, more specific, and more insightful for all of you who help to make Star Citizen and Squadron 42 possible.
With that said, let’s go ahead and dive into this week’s Roadmap Roundup!
-CIG Community Team
Notable Changes for April 17th, 2020
Server to Client Actor Networking Rework
Support for Server Meshing development has been highlighted as high priority across all involved teams. As a result, Server Meshing support work was prioritized and scheduled for Q2, resulting in Server to Client Actor Networking Rework tasks to be shifted back one quarter to Alpha 4.1.
Death Animation Improvements
Further work was required on the physics side for these improvements, and physics support priority was given to Body Dragging. While Body Dragging will maintain its intended release in Alpha 4.0, Death Animation Improvements will move back one quarter to Alpha 4.1.
After confirming with the team working on this card, we’ve determined the tasks included largely consist of preliminary work for Bounty Hunting improvements that are coming in a later quarter. This Epic was not intended to be displayed publicly at this time, resulting in its removal from the Roadmap. We expect to add additional Bounty Hunter themed cards in the future as front-facing features release dates are decided upon.
Crusader & Orison Landing Zone
We have had to move both Crusader and its landing zone, Orison, back to the end of the year as the team required more time to create these locations. The reasons for this move are threefold: 1) the re-prioritization with focus on GrimHex and other environmental work in progress, 2) the additional time it took to complete New Babbage, and 3) delays from transitioning to a new work-from-home environment due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. As Alpha 4.2 is not yet visible on the roadmap, we will be removing these cards for the time being, but we expect to re-surface them for the 4th quarter in the near future.
These cards have shifted to align with the Crusader & Orison Landing Zone moves:
- Mission Giver: Lisa Gibbs
- Mission Giver: Devin Bautista
The following cards have been added to the PU Roadmap under the Alpha 4.0 column:
- New Babbage – Shop Additions | Introducing a novelty Kiosk in the New Babbage spaceport interior which will sell souvenirs and knick-knacks. Also coming to the spaceport is The Factory Line, a flagship store for microTech, which sells their top of the line products, such as mobiGlas, simpods and various computer-related items.
- Elevator Panel Updates | The utilitarian elevator panels are being updated to use interactable screens, as previously this was done through player inner thought.
- Heightmap Improvements | Updates are being made to all the heightmaps used on planets and moons to fully take advantage of their higher resolution. This will mean more detail can be utilized during the painting process.
- Cutlass Blue | Building, balancing, and implementing the reworked police/militia patrol variant of the Drake Cutlass into the game.
That’s all for this week! Join the discussion on Spectrum.