NOTICE: This organization page is considered an out-of-character recruiting device. All the information found here and in our recruiting thread is out-of-character knowledge and not known publicly in-universe unless otherwise specified.
The Republic of Lorell aims to provide a stable and progressive organization for players to achieve their potential within the universe of Star Citizen, whether this be through actively engaging in content, content creation or roleplaying.
Code of Conduct
- Hate speech of any kind will not be tolerated. (This includes but is not limited to, racism, sexism and inflammatory remarks).
- You will not engage in illegal activity that would endanger the organization or damage it’s reputation, e.g. Hacking, Stalking of players in meat-space.
- You will abide by the terms of service set out by CiG.
- Final decisions on anything that affects the organization as an OOC entity, whether this stems from OOC or IC, rests in the hands of the Admin or their appointed rep.
- By joining, you (the player) agree to the terms of this and the IC charter. Your character, however, may disagree with the IC charter, if you so wish.
Expectations – The Four Pillars
- Loyalty: We understand that you may have friends outside of the Republic that you want to spend time with, we recognize that the Republic may not be your only organization and have no problem with that (subject to the rules on resident alien status and affiliation). However at all times we do expect a certain amount of loyalty to the Republic. Violations of this could include, but are not limited to, giving away fleet locations, talking about ongoing military operations, giving away locations to resource or salvage locations that are considered to be claimed by the Republic, and other locations found by scan downs done during official Lorelli operations. If you are unsure if the information you have is considered sensitive to the Republic, please feel free to ask.
- Duty: Regardless of your position within the Republic you may at times either take on or be assigned responsibilities; this may range from planning fleet combat tactics to finding resources for processing, or simply aiding new members in orienting to the verse. We do ask that you complete these tasks to the best of your ability, but understand that for many reasons it may not be possible. It may be beyond your ability, real life may interfere (Real Life Comes First, Gaming Second) or perhaps you volunteered and later realized you just didn’t realize how much was involved. If nothing else it is your duty to report that you cannot complete the task or not in the timeline that was given. This is not to embarrass anyone or to stress you out, this is simply so we know to either have someone else work on it or perhaps take a different route altogether.
- Respect: Some of our members will have characters that do not get along, it’s in their nature and that is wonderful, it helps evolve a character, and one of the freedoms of this Republic is to voice your thoughts and opinions. With that being said it should be done in a respectful manner (In character disagreements are understood but even then there may be story driven consequences) and at a certain point it should be brought to a close when the issue is resolved.
- Mentoring: There are countless things to learn in the verse as it expands and the main way that the Republic stays on top of this is for each member to teach the others what they know. You are expected to teach other Lorelli if you are able. From learning the most basic flight controls, to the more complex combat manoeuvres or mining techniques, we must be willing to assist one another and we are only as skilled as our least experienced member.
OOC Guild Ranks and Duties
The OOC rank structure for the organization features Pope heading up the Administrative team. Recruitment is headed up by Cristo, with multimedia, publicity and promotion dealt with by Sienna Veridian. Other officers may be appointed as and when necessary for the smooth functioning of the guild.
Guild Bank and Taxation
The Organization will be subject to appropriate taxation, funds to be held in trust by the administration of the guild and used solely for the purposes of betterment of the guild and it’s members.
All recruitment is handled on a case by case basis. Candidates are welcome to approach an officer or an officer is just as likely to approach an individual or organization. Following an interview and upon acceptance a recruit is usually subject to a 2 week probationary period before becoming a full member. Interviews may be held in character or out of character dependent on circumstance.
The charter is subject to addition and amendment. All alterations will be brought to vote and ratified via a 3/5 majority.