STAR CITIZEN SCAVENGER HUNT RULES
These rules (“Rules”) apply to the scavenger hunt Contest (“Contest”) carried out by Roberts Space Industries LLC and Roberts Space Industries International Limited (collectively “RSI”) and their affiliates. Please read these Rules carefully. By submitting a Contest Entry and participating in the Contest, you accept and agree to these Contest Rules. If you do not agree to these Contest Rules, your Contest Entry will not be valid and you will not be eligible to enter or win.
- Eligibility – To participate in the Contest you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and reside in a jurisdiction where the Contest and your participation is legally permitted. You must have an account on the RSI Services and have agreed to the RSI Terms of Service (see: www.robertspaceindustries.com/tos the “RSI ToS”). Employees of RSI and of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, partner of the Contest (if any) and each of their immediate family members and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win.
- Duration – Unless otherwise specified, Contest entries must be submitted to the Contest Social Media Post specified on the Contest Rules and any follow-up announcements related thereto at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16483-Star-Citizen-Scavenger-Hunt (the “Announcement”) beginning Sunday, April 1, 2018 (the “Contest Start Time”), and ending Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 11:59pm PST (the “Contest End Time”). At RSI’s discretion, the Duration may be extended as announced on the Announcement. Contest Portals as defined below will be posted periodically throughout the Duration of the Contest.
- Participation and Entry – Each screenshot submitted according to the Contest during its Duration constitutes a “Contest Entry”. To be eligible, a Contest Entry must be posted as a reply directly to a social media post indicated in the Announcement (a “Contest Portal”, collectively, the “Contest Portals”). Screenshots posted or sent by any other means to any other location, such as , for example, direct messages (“DM”), retweets, reposts, independent tweets, or posts to Spectrum or chat services on the RSI Services are not valid, and will not be considered. Each Contest Entry is associated with the Participant who submitted it. Group submissions on behalf of more than one person (including player organizations) is not permitted and will not be considered. A Participant submitting a Contest Entry must be the individual who created it; submitting a Contest Entry that was created by another person is grounds for disqualification (see below).
- No Lottery – No purchase, payment or other obligation is necessary to enter or win.
- Conditions of Participation – By entering any Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to abide by RSI’s decisions relating to the Contest which are final and binding. If a winner accepts a prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by RSI, in perpetuity and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any further compensation, notification, or permission, to the extend admissible by applicable law.
- Determination of Winner – During the Duration of the Contest, RSI will post one or more Contest Portal tweets to its official Twitter account, each of which includes a screenshot of a specific in-game location. Each Contest Portal may have up to one winner. The winning Contest Entry posted for a given Contest Portal is the Contest Entry posted earliest in time that is a) clearly and unambiguously depicts as its primary subject the same location as shown in the said Contest Portal and b) includes the submitter’s player avatar facing the camera shall be the winning entry for that Contest Portal. A screenshot that only incidentally includes the in-game location without making it the primary subject is not a winning Contest Entry. Each Contest Portal may have at most one winner. The time at which a Contest Entry is deemed to have been posted is the timestamp displayed with it on Twitter. Within 48 hours after the end of the Contest Duration, RSI staff (the “Judges”) will select winning Entries from among the eligible Contest Entries and the winners will be the respective Participants submitting said Entries. While a Participant may make multiple entries across any number of Contest Portals, any given Participant may win at most one prize. Pledging on the RSI website does not affect or increase the chances of winning. If a Participant has more than one potentially winning entry, the Judges will select one of his entries as a winning Contest Entry for a given Contest Portal, and disregard the others for the purpose of determining the winners for the other Contest Portals.
- Prizes – For each Contest Portal, the Participant submitting the winning Contest Entry will receive one standalone Aegis Vulcan virtual good (in-game ship) with complimentary in-game lifetime insurance policy. Limit one per participant.
- Notification – Within 48 hours after the end of the Contest. Winners will be notified and their Accounts identified to the public via the RSI Site and/or the RSI Twitter account after the Contest has ended and the Winners selected.
- Claims and Forfeiture – Winner and prize recipients will be notified via the RSI account or email listed in their RSI account as soon as determined. To receive their respective prizes, winners must respond to the notification from RSI and confirm their agreement to these Contest Rules. To receive their respective prize, winners and prize recipients will also be required to sign an affidavit regarding their eligibility, liability release (including for travel risks if the prize includes traveling), a publicity release approving the use of their name and likeness for publicity and marketing purposes, payment of applicable federal, and state tax releases, which release needs to be returned via email to RSI within 48 hours of notification, or else forfeit their prize(s).
- Disqualification – Any breach of the RSI ToS or these Rules by you will disqualify you from participation in any Contest . RSI may, at its option, disqualify you from participation if you have previously won a prize from any contest, sweepstakes, competition, or other promotional offering held by RSI. Any Participant who submits a Contest Entry that they themselves did not create may be disqualified from the Contest. Submissions that contain material or content in violation of the RSI TOS may also be disqualified. The disqualification of one Contest Entry by a Participant may result in the disqualification of any or all other Contest Entries submitted by that Participant.
- Alternate Winners – In the event of the disqualification of a winner from the Contest , RSI may, at its option, select an alternate winner according to the criteria above by disqualifying said Participant’s Contest Entries and determining the winner from the remaining Contest Entries according to the criteria described above in Section 6.
- Valuation – Unless otherwise stated in the Contest announcements or communications, prizes are digital Virtual Goods as indicated in the RSI Terms of, Section XI., Virtual Goods. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and do not add, contribute, or otherwise represent any monetary value to your account. If a winner chooses to accept only portions of a prize, no compensation shall be awarded for the portion(s) not accepted and no substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers are permitted except at the sole discretion of RSI. In jurisdictions where the law requires the disclosure of the retail value of a prize, the retail value of the non-transferable Digital Good as a prize is zero unless otherwise indicated.
- Governing Law – The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and void where prohibited.
- Miscellaneous: Except as not set forth herein otherwise, all terms of the RSI ToS apply, including (without limitation) XX. Indemnification, XXI. Disputes and XXIII. Miscellaneous.