Welcome to Apex Continuum! We are an active Star Citizen guild that games every day! Get the info at www.apexcontinuum.com.
We are recruiting new members from Canada, the United States, Europe and Australia!
No minimum time requirements but you do need Discord. Visit our website for details!
Who are we really? We are a group of gamers who enjoy the social aspect of gaming as much as the adventure and wish to live out Chris Robert’s dream of a persistent universe. We seek fellow gamers, who like helping each other, have a mature attitude, and enjoy being fully immersed in an alternate reality. Many of us have military background and know what it means to be brothers-in-arms, so if you have prior service, you might feel right at home.
We are a Star Citizen-only guild. If you are looking to join a mega-guild that plays dozens of games, this is probably not a good fit. Personally we find these guilds too impersonal and with very little quality control. We hope to grow but will not sacrifice quality for quantity. If you’re in the game to achieve the highest score, the most kills, the coolest loot, or how much “free stuff” you can get from your fellows, then we are probably not the guild for you. If you are a griefer, you’re definitely in the wrong place.Needless to say, we are English-speaking only and welcome players from the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia and other Commonwealth countries. Players from other countries are certainly welcome as long as we can communicate effectively. If you wish to belong to a group of experienced gamers who place a higher priority on supporting their mates than they do on preserving their electronic pixels, who will stick together in the toughest fight and go the extra mile to help a friend in need, then give us a look.
You can connect with us on here or at www.apexcontinuum.com
1. General Membership: Membership is open to all persons without criminal records throughout regions currently controlled by the UEE. While prior military service and citizenship are desired, neither is considered a prerequisite for membership. All prospective members must complete an application and personnel fitness survey to be considered for acceptance. Upon completion of these forms, the Board of Directors will determine if the applicant meets the criteria for membership; notification to be given within seven working days.
2. Ship Requirements: All members are required to own and maintain at least one space-worthy ship, of design and tonnage in accordance with their own personal goals. Since Apex Continuum (AC) is a co-operative, this ship may be used for both personal and/or co-operative missions. When this ship is used for co-op sponsored missions or contracts, fair remuneration will be paid to the owner in accordance with the posted parameters of that mission; however, the AC will be fully indemnified against any responsibility for damage, loss or injury incurred by the owner.
3. Organization: The AC is divided into five functional divisions: Exploration, Salvage, Mining, Mercantile (trade and transport) and “In Extremis.” Upon acceptance into AC, each member will indicate their primary interest among these divisions, and will be placed therein. This does not mean that members cannot participate in missions outside their division, but this affiliation will be used primarily by the Board of Directors in determining the interests of the membership.
4. Governing Bodies: The governing bodies of the AC include a Board of Directors, Regional Administrators, Functional Executive Officers, Special Appointees and the Members At Large.
5. Board of Directors: The Board of Directors (hereafter referred to as the Board) consists of seven Executive Directors and shall be responsible for overall planning, programmatic and policy decisions taken on behalf of the membership. All decisions are to be made by majority vote. The Board will elect one of its members as Chairman of the Board, who will also hold the title of Chief Executive Officer. This position is largely ceremonial, with one important exception – when a decision must be made in a time-sensitive manner, the Chairman may do so, as long as that decision is later submitted to the entire Board for final adjudication.
6. Regional Administrators: A Regional Administrator will be appointed by the Board for every region in which the Apex Continuum maintains major facilities and/or offices. The Regional Administrator will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of such facilities and will serve as a point of contact for all members requiring advice or assistance within that region.
7. Functional Executive Officers: A Functional Executive Officer (FEO) will be appointed by the Board for the following Divisions: Exploration, Salvage, Mining and Mercantile. FEOs will assist the Board in understanding the interests of their division and in identifying and organizing missions within that division.
8. Special Appointees: The Board will also appoint as necessary, special appointees to fulfill mission-specific requirements of the AC. For example, since the Board retains direct control over the “In Extremis” division, it will be necessary to appoint a Task Force Commander as military missions are identified. Other such special appointees include, but are not limited to special trade envoys, diplomats, negotiators, etc.
9. Members at Large: Any member or group of members has the right to petition the Board regarding changes in leadership, programs, policies or procedures. Once a formal petition, supported by at least 20% of the membership, has been presented to the Board and all sides have made fair representation, a decision to approve the petition will be made by a 5/7th majority vote of the Board.
10. Membership Dues: There will be no formal dues required of any member as part of belonging to the AC. However, since we will obviously want to expand our facilities as membership grows; voluntary contributions will be encouraged and appreciated.
11. AC Missions and Contracts: While each member is free to conduct personal missions on their own, the primary purpose of the AC is to identify and organize more complex sorties, in most cases requiring a group to accomplish. For these AC-sponsored missions, 20% of the overall gross profit will go to the cooperative with the remainder of proceeds shared equally among all members participating in the mission.
12. Command and Control of AC-sponsored Missions: In most cases, command and control of an AC-sponsored mission will be provided by the Functional Executive Officer (or his designee). Exceptions to this policy will be determined by the Board.
13. Cross-functional AC-sponsored Missions: In some cases, missions will require the participation of two or more AC Division, for example a trade mission into extremely hostile space may require participation by both the Mercantile and “In Extremis” divisions. In such cases, a lead agent will be determined by the Board as part of the mission planning.
14. “In Extremis” Missions: While the primary mission of the AC is to promote the economic prosperity of its members, the organization does indeed maintain a considerable para-military capability. Members are expected to maintain a high degree of military capability given the nature of inter-space commerce. It may prove necessary, on occasion, to undertake missions that require a degree of military capabilities above and beyond the normal defensive requirements of commerce. These missions include, but are not limited to convoy escort, letters of marque, militia support, punitive expeditions and auxiliary missions in support of the UEE military. All “In Extremis” missions are voluntary.
15. Code of Conduct: AC members come from all sectors of society, but are banded together as brothers-in-arms for their mutual protection and prosperity. It is understood that commerce sometimes takes place within the “grey areas” of normal social intercourse. However, there is one transgression which will not be tolerated as a matter of personal and corporate honor, and that is the deliberate desertion of a member in need. Any member brought up against substantiated desertion charges is subject to dismissal by a 5/7th majority vote of the Board. In addition, members are expected to represent the Apex Continuum in a positive manner. Those whose behavior is repeatedly unbecoming of AC’s high standards can also be subject to warning, censure and eventual dismissal.
16. Felony Convictions: As stated above, the economic realities of space commerce sometimes places operators on the fringes of legal conventions. However, members are cautioned to tread lightly in this regard. Any member convicted of a felony offense by due process of a UEE-constituted judicial authority will be subject to suspension or dismissal by a 5/7th majority vote of the Board.
17. Piracy: Piracy is the scourge of space commerce and will absolutely not be tolerated among our membership. Any member suspected of piracy will be adjudicated by Special Tribunal of the Board. If “reasonable evidence” is found to support this charge by 4/7th majority vote of the Board, that member will be dismissed and declared “an enemy of the Apex Continuum.”
United Empire of Earth Charter 308-C910-7233
Apex Continuum (APEXINC) is herewith chartered as a C-910A Corporation, compliant with all the rules, regulations, stipulations and intergalactic tax and trade laws thereby applicable.
As such Apex Continuum, hereafter referred to as the Corporation, is authorized to conduct, contract, subcontract and otherwise cause to be executed all forms of legal intergalactic commerce as stipulated by the UEE Commerce Act of the Year 2814 Common Reckoning (CR). Under the provisions of C-910 regulations, the Corporation is a privately-owned entity, commonly referred to as a “cooperative,” in which all proceeds, properties (real and otherwise), and liabilities are shared by its members, as stipulated and held in trust by its governing bodies. All stocks, bonds and other fiduciary instruments are shared by its members and are not available on common exchanges.
In addition, under the sub-charter of a C-910A entity, the Corporation is also authorized to raise, contract, charter or otherwise cause to be recruited paramilitary forces for the legitimate enforcement of its trade agreements, routes, contracts or sub-contracts, both interplanetary and intrasystem, within the boundaries of UEE as stipulated by the Paramilitary Commerce Enforcement Act of the Year 2765 CR. In areas not currently governed by UEE, these same paramilitary forces may be used to enforce corporate policies as long as such actions are not in contravention with any UEE established Intergalactic Agreement.
As part and parcel to this charter, the Corporation has established the following codes of conduct on its members, as extracted from the Corporate Codex:
Code of Conduct: AC members come from all sectors of society, but are banded together as brothers-in-arms for their mutual protection and prosperity. It is understood that commerce sometimes takes place within the “grey areas” of normal social intercourse. However, there is one transgression which will not be tolerated as a matter of personal and corporate honor, and that is the deliberate desertion of a member in need. In addition, members are expected to represent the Apex Continuum in a positive manner. Those whose behavior is repeatedly unbecoming of AC’s high standards can also be subject to warning, censure and eventual dismissal.
Felony Convictions: As stated above, the economic realities of space commerce sometimes places operators on the fringes of legal conventions. However, members are cautioned to tread lightly in this regard. Any member convicted of a felony offense by due process of a UEE-constituted judicial authority will be subject to suspension or dismissal by a 5/7th majority vote of the Board.
Piracy: Piracy is the scourge of space commerce and will absolutely not be tolerated among our membership. Any member suspected of piracy will be adjudicated by Special Tribunal of the Board. If “reasonable evidence” is found to support this charge by 4/7th majority vote of the Board, that member will be dismissed and declared “an enemy of the Apex Continuum.”
This Charter is hereby placed in the Public Record and considered to have the full force of law as of this date, January 23, 2845 CR, and as witnessed and enacted by the undersigned, by appointment to His Imperial Highness.
Undersecretary of Intergalactic Commerce