“…What’re you looking at? You’ve come to the wrong side of space to collect a bounty. Unless you’re in need of some smugglin’ or murder? Otherwise, I suggest you get off my ship…NOW!”
“Don’t die on your way out. We just cleaned the floors…”
Welcome to ‘The Stalking Moon’ – (A Vanduul Capital Ship turned Pirate Inn. A home tucked away in the dark of the universe. Only the finest UEE ale, Xi’an music and all kinds of top-of-the-line pleasure bots for your accommodation). This…is no place for the innocent.
UEE 403rd Fleet, X-Wing, SS Forge
Lt. Johnsons VLOG, 10-02-2940
Memory Autolog: Enabled.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I’ve tracked my bounty all over the space map. System to system following any lead, turning over every stone. Everything from shady intel to public rumors and even space legends. My investigations have led me here, to a crippled Vanduul CS in an asteroid belt between Vanduul space and UEE territory. No one would believe it unless they saw it themselves.
As I walk through the entrance, I can’t help but feel impressed at the ‘saloon doors’ I’m walking through. I take off my hat and dust off my boots. Only to realize the music and laughter has stopped, dead silence surrounds me. I slowly raise my eyes from my boots and I’m greeted by the piercing gaze of the entire Inn. Huh, being the focal point of over 100 outlaws and pirates was the last thing I wanted. As if time stood still, I quickly scan across all the faces in the room in an instant. Humans, Xi’ans, Banu and even the odd Tevarin mercenary. And THAT’S when I see him, walking at the far end of the room. The music begins to play again. Life gradually returns to the Inn and conversations and laughter once again fill the room.
I look back at the unmistakable silhouette of ‘The Prince’. Long dark hair, the scarf on his face, the rumored glowing dagger at his waist and the unusual armor he hides under his overcoat. Rumors say that he claims to have fallen through a tear in time. That he comes from a distant city named ‘Persia’. A city from a different dimension altogether. Daztan, my long search finally yields results. I have found my bounty!
“What the f@#k?” Nothing could have prepared me for this. Daztan had taken a seat at the round table in the far corner of the bar. My eyes begin to glow. Seated and laughing as if they were normal human beings, the ‘Mystery Bandits’. In the very corner, Wombat …Black Market weapons supplier and #8 on UEE’s most wanted. To his left, Azozae aka “The Ghost”…Special Operations Group defector. One of UEE’s best, turned traitor. He disappeared after slaughtering his team and has never been seen since. On the right, Rapitus …they say his Cutlass is death itself. If you see it, you can’t unsee it. There is no respite, only death. Qvis vt Devs, the Fallen Angel…not much is known about him. Only his name really. However, there is one certainty about him…if hes here, then so are they.
Xavmorn and Tekniq, legends among pirates. They are among the greatest alongside Hornigold, ‘Redbeard’ Barbarossa and the infamous Captain Blackbeard. They say the two are leaders of what has been dubbed ‘The Mystery Bandits’ by the UEE. Pirates who command a small fleet of stolen military Hornets. No doubt with the help of Azozae. Legends speculate that the two and their lieutenants are descendants of survivors of the Auraxis Supernova. How anyone could have escaped and survived that supernova is beyond me.
They’re not all here though, one is missing. No matter, who cares. Its now or never. Channeling my inner John Wayne. I bow my head and don my hat once again. With a cheeky grin on my face I slowly raise my head. Its time. The arrest of almost the entire ‘Mystery Bandits’ leadership is going to make me fam..BANG..ous.
The pain overwhelms my body. Its emanating from my chest. As I drop to my knees I look down to my chest. A trail of smoke? In the space age? I struggle to lift my head as to look into the eyes of my shooter. My eyes widen, the fear engulfs me…never could I imagine that this legend could be true. The dark black overcoat, red and black chaps and even the wild west cowboy boots with star spinners. There is no doubt, standing before me was terror itself wielding a Colt .45 Magnum in the middle of space. Dientera …the unknown, the missing one. How did he know? In his left hand, a wanted poster…he throws it to the ground as I collapse to my death.
Heh, I see…The legends are true after all. They really are…
. .‘Khornate Desperados’
*/// DESPERADOS ///*
- vt Devs::
*/// THE KHORNATE VISION ///*
– To bolster our ranks with fellow Desperados, those who can’t and won’t be shackled by the laws and rules that befall so many others.
– To fly the ever-black merciless sky with such people, acquiring rarities, riches and pleasures forbidden to those who would not dare to risk.
– To live truly, unbounded by the law that shackles so many others, to be unchained from the archaic system, to live freely under our own terms, unbothered by their force of which we are evenly matched, unbridled by morality, to do as we please.
*/// WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN AN ASPIRING DESPERADO? ///*
The Khornate Desperados are looking for able crew that fit the following criteria;
You are free to do as you wish in the Khornate Desperados as long as you abide by our regulations, we do not seek to limit our compatriots to any sort of role or position.
*/// KHORNATE RULES AND REGULATIONS ///*
– Members must honour any ransoms or tolls agreed upon. Failure to do so will result in immediate disciplinary action, possibly resulting in expulsion from the organisation.
– Members are expected to act in a manner that will not detract from the image of the Khornate Desperados.
– Members are to respect one another and use common courtesies.
– Members are expected to keep any information regarding areas of operation, fleet or squadron composition, targets or other vital information confidential.
– Any internal issues you have are not to be aired in public, please raise them with a Black Fleet Captain.
– Any issues regarding a member should be brought to the attention of a Black Fleet Captain.
– No joining other organisations that have a conflict of interest to the Khornate Desperados. If in doubt contact a Black Fleet Captain.
*/// KHORNATE FLEET RULES AND REGULATIONS ///*
– Members are not to shoot those who have agreed to pay the Khornate Desperados for safe passage.
– Members are not to engage allied/friendly ships unless in self-defence.