Sgarrista Air Brigade was a peaceful squad of pilots born in 2839. Helping people all around the Earth since the very beginning, SAB has quick become a well-known organization with an excellent reputation of funny gentlemen with strong and good values. They were very useful to the center Africa’s big earthquake in 2864, help the UEE forces in Asiatica civil war in 2872, they were indispensable in the fight against the 2889 great fire of Brazil and many more.
Everything went good until 2909 when Origin Jumpworks had acquired Apple, a well-known company for their work in computers, sofware, design and AI. Origin wanted to integrate their AI and design expertizes into their ship. All the SAB’s communication system was based on the Apple products. When Apple went down, SAB became disorganized without any infrastructure available for their comm system. Making the whole organisation weaker. The threat of an outside attack became oviously important. Things were just about to get worse.
After the fusion of Apple into Origin, a group of hard-core fans of Apple started a revolutionary ideological movement called “True Apple Fans” (TAF) who claim the restoration of Apple as it was. Without any response from Origin, TAF began to buy weapons from pirate organizations. After the Origin’s move to New Austin in 2913, TAF took a few numbers of Origin’s warehouses to take over the Apple technology with an impressive militia. From that point, the UEE declared them terrorism. Their anwser was terrible. They took thousands of people who still use Apple products held hostage. TAF kept them and went to a unknown location far into another system. Rumors said they are hidden into a giant astoroid into the Virtus Belt Beta, the outer asteroid belt in the Virtus system. Unfortunatly, this was never confirmed and they were never found. The hostage are still with the TAF since this time. Some rumors says that TAF use them as slaves to build their base.
SAB members was part of the hostage. A few lucky SABies escaped from the hands of TAF during their headquarter’s attack.
Since this time, wandering in the galaxy seeking for other lost members, SABies are trying to rebuild this amazing group of true friend. Finding one from time to time, hope is still there. The main purpose of the squad now is accumulate a lot of resources and to find other Citizens enough respectable to make SAB strong again and free all the hostage and find lost friends. Helping anyone they can, the best they can do, on the way to a new home.
Every squad member must have integrity, sportsmanship, skill to be a part of the Sgarrista Air Brigade!
Integrity is the code of honor that won’t allow you to do certain things that would debase yourself or the Squadron.
Sportsmanship is the belief in fairness, self-control, courage and persistence whilst maintaining respect for both authority and opponents.
Skill is competent excellence in performance.
These are the SAB Core Values.
So next time you see a SAB pilot in the sky, don’t just think it’s all about the kills he’s taken or the ace points he’s collected. Instead think of his squadrons’ motto and that skill will mean less to him than integrity and sportsmanship.
1. Human being first. Whatever the situation a SAB is facing, his/her ultimate choice in a conflict is to help and protect humans. Whatever the human’s lifestyle. Pirate or not, every human have the right to live unless proven untrustworthy.
2. UEE priority. SAB don’t want any issue with authorities. We will help the UEE against the Vanduul as often as we can. Piracy is not an option for a SAB.
3. Never shoot first. Whoever or whatever the encounter, never open fire or lock missile first unless told otherwise.
4. SAB helps. A SAB will always help anyone who needs it. Not only in our team but everyone. Depending on the danger level, a SAB member or fleet commander can ask for payment that matches the level of danger and that will compensate for expenses and insurance fees.
5. Respect alliances. A SAB will always respect the great Treaties made by the UEE with other races like Banu and Xi’an. We have a lot to learn from those cultures.
6. Respect the law. Where ever the system, there is some laws made by the authorities in place. UEE or others.
• A Captain of a large ship has full authority on his own ship and on his crew.
• Due to the high cost of his ship, a Captain has a veto on the implication of his ship into a planed Battle. He can require a compensation of all implicated members in case of a loss. This agreement should be taken before the event and everyone should be agreed.
We are very selective in our recruiting process. We don’t want to be the biggest org in the verse. We are a group of true friends who support each other in game and IRL. So we always seek for people who share our values.
Every Citizen who wants to be a SAB has to pass through many steps.