A free, native people of absolute dedication to nature, the spirits, peace and secrecy from the depths of Goss’s rain forests.
- Meaning: “Between Lies”.
“Ku’” derives from the tribe’s name for earth goddess: “Ki’ Uras” (Curer), whilst “Lin” means collection or network of tribes or groups in the nation’s native language. Ku’ Lin can so with be interpreted as healer or curer of people or nations.
- Ku’ Lin has the secondary derivative meaning of “Between Lies”, because the god spirit is also often equal to that which lives between the physical, molecular realms in Ku’ Lin belief. “Lin” as a network of individuals, tribes or groups, is then seen as a derivative to lies, because Ku’ Lin believe that once we begin cooperating as a community, we begin to exchange truths and slowly, with every time they are passed on and not rediscovered on a fundamental, spiritual level by an individual, they are distorted and eventually become lies.
- In this sense the word Ku’ Lin’s figurative meaning is: “The practice of maintaining spiritual and fundamental truth, in between the lies the material realm tries to distort us with”.
“We look to the trees and only to the trees for direction. Where there are no trees we still seek them, as the great cities of the verse were built where there once were great trees and their spirits still linger where they once stood. When we are “Ku’ Lin” we see trees, plants and animals as brothers and sisters no different from ourselves”.
- We are a race of naturalist people and indigenous to Goss. We had been here many millennia before humanity discovered this galaxy, yet we are as they are.
- We strive to supply larger corporations or friendly tribes and individuals with niche wares and rare items and to cultivate some of the most advanced natural medicines in the known Verse.
- We fight only in self defense, to aid those in need or to protect our home worlds against outside threats.
- We welcome any who wish to free themselves of mental prisons and embrace the ancestral spirit that lives with us all.
“We prefer a more secluded style of play. Infamy is not our goal, neither is abundance of wealth or influence. If we obtain these things by our actions we will embrace them with regulation and consideration of the spirits at all times.”
“If you seek to pursue dedicated game play which is heavily focused on trade, agriculture and small scale operations, and you wish to pursue a career in the more unusual areas of the game we welcome you with open arms.”
– Ku’ Lin belief states that the material world is but a small fraction of a greater eternal reality and that it can only be engaged with non-destructively if it is constantly treated as just this; a gift that may disappear at any given moment and that must thus be honored all times.
Reading link – A prophecy on Goss lll
- By studying our home world’s wildlife and living in harmony with it for many generations, animals of all types accept us as allies. Because of this we are able to train them to the highest known standards among humanoid species. If you are well known and trusted among our people, considered more than just an associate and have knowledge of our philosophy of the treatment of the animal kingdom, you may acquire a fine animal companion from us, if he agrees to accept you as his family.
“We call this philosophy or energy: “Filva”, meaning: “sentient coexistence” in Ku’ Lin mother tongue.”
- You may find us living in perfect coexistence with nature, far away from the tourist locations and farmlands of Goss. We make use of nature’s gifts to dream of and communicate with ancestors and nature’s spirit and to connect our inner selves with the verse its self, as we believe the verse is interconnected with everything that exists within it. Thus we also worship the verse as a form of god spirit, highest consciousness or core energy.
- Our many settlements remain concealed to any whom are not native to our tribe. The dense forests that shelter them consist of ancient trees which are tens of thousands of years old and the lush vegetation of our homelands is so dense, that even even highly trained UEE Marine squads have been known to abort recon missions due to the troublesome terrain.
- Ku’ Lin were on Goss before Humanity discovered it but are humanoids, which conflicts with Humanity’s history in a crippling sincerity. Our legends say we split apart from Earth based cultures shortly before Humanity arrived on Earth and that great natural disasters destroyed Earth’s first civilizations, causing them to forget their origins.
As the story goes: Humanity was forced to leave its home system a long time ago for unknown reasons and thus began a great interstellar migration through the depths of space. Shortly before they reached Earth, the convoy of capital ships was alerted by a scout ship, which had detected a possible collision course with an incoming super-comet. This monolithic threat caused a small group of capital ships to change course, split away from the Human convoy and end up finding a habitable home in Goss rather than Earth. Here they continued to practice their ancient culture without interruption for many many generations, eventually calling themselves; “Ku’ Lin”.
Shortly after the rest of Humanity arrived on Earth, great natural disasters and wars brought about a near wipe out of Human life on the planet, causing a complete restart of most of their cultural and scientific achievements. Approximately 100.900 years later, we re-encountered our own kind, as Earth’s technology had evolved enough to let them travel among the stars once again. Sadly the joy of the reunion was short lived, as the Ku’ Lin people realized that their lost brothers had completely forgotten where they had come from and refused to acknowledge the stories we told them of their origins. Their DNA had evolved significantly to suit Earth’s atmosphere and they had become greatly disconnected from the verse, causing them to believe that they must conquer in order to be happy.
- Contrarily to Earth-Humans we never lost our knowledge of technology but simply stopped researching it on an industrial scale. Humanity had achieved a status quo of self sustainable, renewable energy and completely biodegradable tech before it left its home world and because Goss’s ecosystem was so extremely habitable, we took our technological evolution to the next level by attempting to return to a completely naturalistic way of living, whilst only using technology where it was absolutely needed.
Goss’s harmonic environment also allowed us to continue to practice and evolve our original culture and beliefs. As nowadays Humanity prides its self in having achieved technological greatness, it is known that they once forgot about the great science of self, which existed before there was a need for technology. Although their legends tell of such a time in a story they call: “The Garden of Eden”, they lost a definite connection to the universe that cradled them and thus proceeded to wander blindly, whilst worshiping science and power for most of their new beginning.
Because of this Earth’s people had begun to identify themselves with their technological advances whilst our greatest achievement lies in evolving our inner being and super-natural connection, which we do by living in harmony with nature and the space in between.
- “Instead of trying to forcefully bring on progression, we simply prevent its disruption by living a life that does not hinder it.”
- We believe that it is our responsibility to foster our knowledge of the universe around us by furthering our connection to the sub-matter dimension and trading with other alien races. Those that know nothing of our beliefs mistake our knowledge for magic and report that we have discovered a way to interconnect our spirits with technology in a very subtle, yet highly meaningful way.
To us this phenomenon is nothing special though, as technology is also only a fragment of the universe its self and as we believe;
– “If you know what the book is made of, you need no longer read it to know what is written inside.”
This Ku’ Lin saying means; if you are connected to the book (the universe) in a fundamental way, everything that exists within it is part of its nature and is so with familiar to you.
- We acquire much of our synthetic technology through the salvaging of battlefields recent and ancient. Many relics and prehistoric battlefields lie scattered across our homelands, overgrown by vegetation and never discovered by modern people. We know our home system like no other and we often scan out combat signatures or even sense them with the help of clairvoyance. Our meditative techniques enable us to cultivate a sensory bond with the electromagnetic and dark matter fields our home system consists of, thus we gain the ability to sense events many light years away, by the spiritual and physical impact they have on the fabric of the space-time continuum.
Sometimes a shaman may awaken from a state of meditation with a shout, only to tell his scouts of having sensed death and suffering somewhere in the verse. The shamans call this process: “seeking” and do not only use it to find salvage, but also to sense the presence of hunting game, pinpoint incoming threats, and even to channel great prophecies. This ability is a product of evolutionary conditioning through constant practice and the passing on of knowledge and techniques over hundreds of generations, if not more.
- Even though we are strictly against industrialization, we still run sophisticated tech, of which we have known since before we came to Goss in small, hidden, underground construction facilities, growing houses, chop shops, laboratories and scanning arrays.
“One will witness a mocking smile on a Ku’ Lin’s face when outsiders debate that our medicine may be magic, as we learned that some of Earth’s religions where corrupted to make them believe that their own nature is evil and that they should mutilate this part of their spirit in order to find god. We know this was done to disempower people and make them become obedient and unable to see clearly who is controlling them. Contrarily we believe that the path to finding the great spirit is not to banish a part of ones self, but to choose the good path willingly and knowingly.”
Ku’ Lin are a very secluded people. It is estimated that they consist of approximately 20.000 tribes people on Goss l, of which an estimated 10.000 work on its vast farmlands. Some even run the farms and their intimate bond with nature helps them achieve almost 400% of the productivity of non-native run farms. These facilities provide a great source of income for them, which they only reinvest in trade and the process of sustaining a governing influence in Goss. This investment’s purpose is to stop the tourism industry from taking over their most prized of all possessions, that which they call their temple or their church, and their only protection from infiltration by modern culture, the perfect ecological state of their homeland.
Ku’ Lin people’s home world and the first planet they settled on after arriving in Goss. Approximately 200.000 live on Cassel but hardly any of the tribes people there mix with the tourist industry, as they despise any type of life afar from nature or the tranquility of a perfectly silent space craft on a long trade run. Cassel’s ecology is the embodiment of Ku’ Lin beliefs and a place of tranquility and high worship for them. This isf the reason they also began to half jokingly call it their “Castle”, after learning Human languages and realizing that their home had been named “Cassel”. When Humanity discovered Goss they terraformed Goss l and Goss lll and as the tourist industry became a burden in the eyes of the natives, a fair amount migrated to the newly blooming, neighboring worlds created by the UEE. Human industry leaves plenty of jungle to live the secluded life Ku’ Lin prefer, but they are still rarely seen running storefronts in the city, trade stands in alleyways or simply loitering in such peddling dried psychoactive plants. These plants are more than often considered contraband by the UEE but they are nothing special to the Ku’ Lin, as they grow up using them for religious and ritualistic practices from a very young age and they are highly biologically accustomed to their effects.
Rarely, if one seeks a connection and happens to make the right acquaintance, one may be directed or escorted to a secluded Witchdoctor’s lair in midst the city, where Spiritual guidance and charms or said herbal remedy will be available for purchase or trade.
No one knows how many Ku’ Lin live on Goss lll since the UEE has it on lock down. It is a restricted area for civilians, tourists and traders alike. Still UEE military reports list many sensory registries of incoming and outgoing Ku’ Lin spacecraft which they simply can not intercept, as the timing of their takeoffs and landings is so perfect, that it is only ever recorded on scanners. The UEE have given up the attempt of policing this traffic because the Ku’ Lin have almost no ecological footprints on the planet’s surface and they never interfere with UEE procedures. Since the planet is completely covered in rain forest, the tribe’s hidden villages and thought to be partially underground settlements simply have not been discovered yet. Additionally the UEE acts under policy to not interfere with any indigenous life forms whatsoever on Goss lll and Ku’ Lin happen to fit the bill. The only signs of indigenous presence are the sometimes willingly placed irregularities and humorous signals which science convoys and rangers encounter from time to time.
Legend has it that a troop of rangers ten man strong once encountered the Ku’ Lin on Goss lll. This is an urban legend among soldiers stationed at Goss lll, yet some soldiers will claim to be the descendants of those having been present. They will tell the story as it is also said to be archived in UEE records, but redacted to all but officer or even general ranks because of its humiliating nature. Apparently the troop was scouting the edges of UEE known safety zones two generations ago, when within an instant the entire squad stopped dead in its tracks, afraid to even blink. They had patrolled so close to a group of Ku’ Lin twenty man strong, that the perfectly camouflaged warriors simply needed but take a few steps from their hiding places in order to be detaining the entire ranger squad at gunpoint. In an apparent moment of life and death, the warriors not engaging in acts of detainment brought forth necklaces made of vodun flowers and hung them around the ranger’s necks. The detaining men then unarmed the rangers, walked 20 steps ahead and placed the UEE weapons on a pile of leaves to protect them from being soiled and then disappeared again, into the vibrant green vegetation they had emerged from.
If you ever meet one, state: “Yedi N’ala” as a greeting and he will know that you are sincere. The phrase means so much as: “Magic is not god” and is a core principal of Ku’ Lin belief. It’s figurative meaning would be: “The supernatural is only a tool and its practice does not make you a god or worth more than any other being”. In this association the word supernatural is defined as the evolved natural or: “That which is natural, yet developed beyond the norm and so with seemingly magical.”
Ku’ Lin claim that to the great creator spirit, our mental abilities are not magical at all, but simply a part of our own nature that many of us have forgotten with time and begun to fear when re-encountering them.
Lore and famous sayings:
We are those whom act,
not because they want to belong,
but because we really are,
we are those who were simply born,
not into privilege,
but into intuition and understanding,
understanding of the heart, the mind and the family,
thus we should hold hands as brothers and sisters,
to form a chain strong enough to withstand great mobs of berserkers and madmen,
just by the power of understanding.
- As our eldest tell us legends of the beginning of our people, from long before the beginning of modern documentation, they describe ancient remnants of beings from a time even before holo-documentation was possible.
Modern humanity sees this evidence and ignores it in order to uphold the teachings it gives its children. They would rather teach a lie, than to admit that they do not know all that was.
In fact, this galaxy alone holds so much evidence of ancient life that scientists have given up trying to document it. Some say that there can not be a beginning and others believe that if we knew how everything began we would be gods, which is why we can never find out what really happened.
Because time outlives our mortal memory and data capacities, we Ku’ Lin believe it is proof of god / the creator spirit. Should it not be part of god himself, it is proof of his power in a way which we can not see, but always know of his never ending existence. It must be one of his greatest creations, second only to his greatest of them all; the spirit of life.
- The legend of the great migration tells us that we came to Goss around the same time the tech cultures arrived on Earth. They even claim we may have been the same people and that we all came from the same home world once. Apparently, during our journey to find a new home, Humanity’s convoy was almost hit by a great comet, which forced some of our clans to change course in order to avoid catastrophe.
This way we found and settled in Goss, whilst the rest of our people settled on a planet called Earth.
- We do not know why we left our ancient home world many many generations ago, but it has been told among our people ever since anyone can remember, that we once fled from a vicious, conquering, alien species called: “The Vanduul”, and that we are destined to return to this world after the Vanduul have been defeated.
- In silence we become one with the universe, one with ourselves. When we speak we give birth to new spirits. Thus we should be wary as not to create abominations and demons.
- Trade well with us, and you will be treated fairly.
Insult us, and you will leave in a pod as an empty pod.
- Stand boldly among us as an equal, no matter what species you are. We will never harm you unless you intend to harm yourself.
- Believe what you see, and what you don’t see. Vision is a gift, not a mistake.
- The greatest form of control, is letting go completely, and then observing what is without us and learning from it.
- We are who we are and you are who you are. This does not mean we must kill each other. It means we may learn from one another and help one another to become stronger.
- I carry a Blade because war is in my blood, but I practice warfare because it was forced upon me. Spirit teach me. Let me teach myself, not only of what I need, but of all things.
Link – A prophecy on Goss lll
We seek solo players and individuals who like to represent a real part of the verse in role play but not only such.
If you want to fly solo, but also want a place to call home when it is needed feel free to make first contact through an offering of friendship.
Associates will only need to prove their capabilities by trading with us fairly and regularly. Those whom wish to become full Ku’ Lin will need to undergo a long trial of successful trading and knowledge of the Ku’ Lin way.
As an aspiring tribe member, you will train to gain a higher state of consciousness and a positive and non violent approach to life. You will have access to advanced trade exchange, family-like conduct and an atmosphere that encourages players to do their own thing, get good at it and become a valuable member of the tribe.
An elder seeker once said: “Those whom come to join us become part of Ku’ Lin spirit, not only of its people. The spirit then guides them wherever they go, as no matter how far we travel, we are always at the Verse’s heart when we are Ku’ Lin (connected).”
- Meditate and seek inner self to make it ever present. Conscious self gives us a state of consciousness parallel and equal to all that is external.
Conscious self grants us entry to a connection to that which is. We call it the Verse, Everything and Nothing and it can help us know what will be, what will become and even what was or, what is.
- Care wholeheartedly for brother plant so that he will let us harvest his children, whom in rite and return will become part of us.
- Carry the leaves long distances at day or in the cover of darkness to sell them only to those in need. The arrival and exchange of the haul marks salvation for many and must be celebrated.
- We were always here.
- It is our duty to show others who we are for our belief is honest and proven by millennia of practice and experience.
- Dedicate yourself to us, become one of us, or simply trade with us, the choice is yours.
- If you are in need of counseling or guidance, our shamans will dedicate themselves to your cause with open hearts and minds.
- There is shelter here, for all with good intention.
May the spirits guide you.