A free, tribal people dedicated to nature, the spirits and trade from the depths of Goss’s rain forests.
Meaning: “Between Lies”
“As we practice this and do not pursue worldly matters without soul purpose, we become connected to our true selves and so with to the Verse, which we are a natural part of. Our belief is our reality and it states that we are one and the same as the Verse without differentiation and thus the most precise meaning of Ku’ Lin is in fact:`Connected´.”
- Ku’ Lin are an ancient people indigenous to the planet Cassel in the Goss solar system. We have been living at peace for so many generations, that we have achieved, or as humans call it: “Evolved”, an alleviated state of consciousness, which allows us to see directly into and merge our inner being with the fabric of space-time its self.
We explain this state to others as: “being connected to the Verse (universe)” and elaborate, that once we gain the ability to see beyond the physical realm, there is no difference between any being or object and another in the Verse and everything is “One”, or; “The Same”, in an absolute state.
- The UEE recognizes us as an alien species because we were here when they discovered Goss but because we are almost indistinguishable from Human beings, they decided to brand us as religious outcasts of early Human settler communities, in order to avoid extensive conflicts with Human history. They have promised to one day reveal the truth about us to the public, once they have found a way to do so efficiently, or they find more certain evidence of our history and circumstances.
- We are considered naturalists by UEE officials, as we see nature as living perfection and containing everything needed to live a healthy and fulfilled life.
We view standardized technology as a primitive science and a form of compensation for one’s inability to gain from nature, or to replace a part of ones own nature that one has not discovered yet.
- Nowadays our people still strongly retain themselves from Humanity’s societies, yet the we are known to cultivate some of the most advanced natural medicines and produce in the known universe, as our connection to nature gives us abilities unheard of when raising plant life.
- We have been trading with the Banu, Xi’ an and Tevarian people for many millennia. Because of this the trade of niche wares and rare items has evolved to be one of the most expansive subcultures within Ku’ Lin societies.
- We are true pacifists due to the fact that our beliefs as they require of us to look beyond the physical, into the essence of all that surrounds us and thus we fight only in self defense or to aid others whom are in need.
When we first encountered the UEE, they quickly realized that they would have to change history in order to justify us being here and within a years time after we had learned the English language, they quickly offered us a formal disclosure agreement to make the settlement of our system less problematic. This document stated that we would only reveal ourselves to the settler communities after 20 years of them having been stationed on Goss and that we would then claim publicly to have split away from the settler community, in order to found our own isolated society deeply within the jungles of Cassel (Goss ll). In return the UEE agreed to give us privileges of prime ownership over vast territories of Gossian land surrounding our already existing residencies and easy access to UEE citizenship. Additionally they granted us the right to migrate at will to the newly terraformed planets Goss l and Goss lll and to list us as applicants for the Native Species Protection Acts, which the UEE upholds for all other indigenous cultures it encounters in the verse.
– We prefer to live a secluded life afar from all the troubles that may distract us from our own progress. Infamy is not our goal, neither is abundance of wealth or influence. If we obtain these things by our actions we will embrace them with regulation and consideration of the spirits at all times.
“You will not know what you are in for before you apply to join us unless you are familiar with what Humans call spirit. Even if you know nothing of it, if wish to trade or affiliate with a people whom persist, no mater if it is thought they should or not, you will find a true ally in the Nation of Ku’ Lin.”
We value honesty, benevolence and compassion above all and once we accept a contract, we take pride in the fact that it is fulfilled to the highest of standards.
We focus predominantly on trade, agriculture and outside of regular business; small scale operations. We do not predefine said operations, as they are coordinated according to our current strategic disposition, or the desires of the greater majority of tribe members.
“We accept and value all types of careers amongst members and affiliates alike. If you wish to pursue a career in the more unusual areas of the game, we welcome you with open arms.”
Reading link – A prophecy on Goss lll
– You may find us living in perfect coexistence with nature, far away from the tourist locations and farmlands of Goss. We make use of nature’s gifts to dream of and communicate with ancestors and nature’s spirit. We call this spirit the all encompassing and driving Verse and believe it is interconnected with everything that exists within it without limitation. Thus we also worship the verse as a form of god spirit, highest consciousness or core energy.
We cultivate a constant state of heightened consciousness and connection to the world around and within us through rigorous training and the intake of enhancing plant life from early childhood until our passing. Through this life long practice we gain the ability to see beyond the physical, directly into the life force of all things around us to the point we almost no longer see the physical. The conditioning often makes our eyes appear clouded, as if they had no pupils and some even say they glow in lesser lit environments.
Due to our studies and practices, we can see into the very being of and speak with our brother plants. We are able to sense their specific needs and are thus capable of cultivating them beyond any other known standard in the verse. This gives us the ability to acquire vast financial gain through the sale of plant based nutritional and medicinal produce. Bio-produce is renowned on trade markets throughout the verse when it carries the Ku’ Lin quality seal.
– Ku’ Lin belief states that the material world is but a small fraction of a greater eternal reality and that it can only be engaged with non-destructively if it is constantly treated as just this; a gift that may disappear at any given moment and that must thus be honored all times.
- By studying our home world’s wildlife and living in true acceptance and harmony with it, animals of all types accept us as allies, allowing us to train them to the highest known standards among humanoid species. If you are well known and trusted among our people, considered more than just an associate and have knowledge of our philosophy of the treatment of the animal kingdom, you may acquire a fine animal companion from us, if he agrees to accept you as his family.
“We call this philosophy or energy: “Filva”, meaning: “sentient coexistence” in Ku’ Lin mother tongue.”
- Our many settlements remain concealed to any whom are not native to our tribe. The forests that shelter them consist of ancient trees which are tens of thousands of years old and the lush vegetation of our homelands is so dense, that even even highly trained UEE Marine squads have been known to abort recon missions due to the troublesome terrain.
“We look to the trees and only to the trees for direction. Where there are no trees we still seek them, as the great cities of the verse were built where there once were great trees and their spirits still linger where they once stood. When we are “Ku’ Lin” we see trees as brothers and sisters no different from ourselves.”
History and Lore:
- Our legends say we split apart from Humanity shortly before it arrived on arrived on Earth and that great natural disasters destroyed their first civilizations, causing them to forget their origins. When we sensed their arrival was near, we prepared for an event we would never have thought would occur. At the announcement of the shamans, our scout ships rallied at the jump point and watched Humanity’s ships enter our home world with small numbers at first and greater military force shortly thereafter. We avoided them completely for quite some time, but after we picked up deep planetary scans on our arrays, we knew that they must have discovered our presence and chose to approach them in due civilized respects. After meeting their leaders and learning their languages, we realized quickly that they had lost all knowledge of their origins and that they no longer were a part of us in the way of Verse’s absolute truth.
Later, when we discovered the multitude of cultures still present on Earth, we regained hope, as we had found that there were still a fair few that knew of the origin of everything. Sadly these good people were greatly disregarded amongst Humanity’s leaders and we learned that their governments had caused people of spirit immense suffering for thousands of years, whilst only acknowledging their humanity in formalities. These times in Humanity’s history had changed for the better within the last six hundred years, but the marks of emptiness in their people’s soul/root energy memory showed that they missed a large part of their own eternal growth due to their horrific past.”
- Our most ancient tales tell of a time many aeons ago, when our people were forced to evacuate our home system for unknown reasons and thus began a great interstellar migration through the depths of space. Shortly before we reached our new home, the convoy of capital ships that carried what was left of our population was alerted by a scout ship, which had detected a possible collision course with an incoming super-comet. This monolithic threat caused a small group of capital ships to change course, split away from the remaining convoy and end up finding a habitable home in Goss, whilst the rest of it ended up settling on Earth in the Sol System. Contrarily to our Earth brothers, we continued to practice our ancient culture on the planet now called: Cassel (Goss ll) without interruption for many generations.
Shortly after the rest of Humanity arrived on Earth, great natural disasters and wars brought about a near wipe out of Human civilization on the planet, causing a complete amnesia of their cultural heritage and a reset of their and scientific and technological knowledge. Approximately 100.900 years later we re-encountered our own kind, as Humanity’s technology had evolved enough to let them travel among the stars once again. Sadly the joy of the reunion was short lived, as the Ku’ Lin people realized that their lost brothers had completely forgotten where they had come from and refused to acknowledge the stories we told them of their origins. Their DNA had evolved significantly to suit Earth’s atmosphere and they had become greatly disconnected from the verse, causing them to believe that they must conquer in order to be happy.
- Contrarily to Humanity we never lost our knowledge of technology but simply stopped researching it on an industrial scale. We had achieved a status quo of self sustainable, renewable energy and completely biodegradable tech before we left our original home world and because Goss’s ecosystem was so immensely habitable, we took our technological evolution to the next level by attempting to return to a completely naturalistic way of living, whilst only using technology where it was absolutely needed.
Goss’s harmonic environment also allowed us to continue to practice and evolve our original culture and beliefs. As nowadays Humanity prides its self in having achieved technological greatness, it is known that they once forgot about the great science of self, which existed before there was a need for technology. Although their legends tell of such a time in a story they call: “The Garden of Eden”, they eventually lost a definite connection to the universe that cradled them and thus proceeded to wander blindly, whilst worshiping science and power for most of their new beginning.
Because of this Earth’s people had begun to identify themselves with their technological and advances, whilst our greatest achievement lies in evolving our inner being and super-natural connection, which we do by living in harmony with nature and the space in between.
– “Instead of trying to forcefully bring on progression, we simply prevent its disruption by living a life that does not hinder it.”
- We believe that it is our responsibility to foster our knowledge of the universe around us by furthering our connection to the sub-matter dimension and trading with other alien races. Those that know nothing of our beliefs mistake our knowledge for magic and report that we have discovered a way to interconnect our spirits with technology in a very subtle, yet highly meaningful way.
To us this phenomenon is nothing special though, as technology is also only a fragment of the universe its self and as we believe;
– “If you know what the book is made of, you need no longer read it to know what is written inside.”
This Ku’ Lin saying means; if you are connected to the book (the universe) in a fundamental way, everything that exists within it is part of its nature and is so with familiar to you.
- We acquire much of our synthetic technology through the salvaging of battlefields recent and ancient. Many relics and prehistoric battlefields lie scattered across our homelands, overgrown by vegetation and never discovered by modern people. We know our home system like no other and we often scan out combat signatures or even sense them with the help of clairvoyance. Our meditative techniques enable us to cultivate a sensory bond with the electromagnetic and dark matter fields our home system consists of, thus we gain the ability to sense events many light years away, by the spiritual and physical impact they have on the fabric of the space-time continuum.
Sometimes a shaman may awaken from a state of meditation with a shout, only to tell his scouts of having sensed death and suffering somewhere in the verse. The shamans call this process: “seeking” and do not only use it to find salvage, but also to sense the presence of hunting game, pinpoint incoming threats, and even to channel great prophecies. This ability is a product of evolutionary conditioning through constant practice and the passing on of knowledge and techniques over hundreds of generations, if not more.
- Even though we are strictly against industrialization, we still run sophisticated tech, of which we have known since before we came to Goss in small, hidden, underground construction facilities, growing houses, chop shops, laboratories and scanning arrays.
“One will witness a mocking smile on a Ku’ Lin’s face when outsiders debate that our medicine may be magic, as we learned that some of Earth’s religions where corrupted to make them believe that their own nature is evil and that they should mutilate this part of their spirit in order to find god.
Contrarily, we believe that the path to finding the great spirit is not to banish a part of ones self, but to choose the good path willingly and knowingly.”
Ku’ Lin are a very secluded people. It is estimated that they consist of approximately 30.000 tribes people on Goss l, of which an estimated 10.000 work on its vast farmlands. Some even run the farms and their intimate bond with nature helps them achieve almost 400% of the productivity of non-native run farms. These facilities provide a great source of income for them, which they only reinvest in trade and the process of sustaining a governing influence in Goss. This investment’s purpose is to stop the tourism industry from taking over their most prized of all possessions, that which they call their temple or their church, and their only protection from infiltration by modern culture, the perfect ecological state of their homeland.
The name “Wodun” is a mix of terminologies that are considered to be main elements of spirituality to the Ku’ Lin people, namingly: “Woh” (nature/past/heritage), and “Dun” (Ideal spiritual state of being and doing simultaneously or: true existence).
Hardly any of the tribes people there mix with the tourist industry, as they despise any type of life afar from nature or the tranquility of a perfectly silent space craft on a long trade run. Cassel’s ecology is the embodiment of Ku’ Lin beliefs and a place of tranquility and high worship for them. This is the reason they also began to half jokingly call it their “Castle”, after learning Human languages and realizing that their home had been named “Cassel”.
When Humanity discovered Goss, they terraformed Goss l and Goss lll and as the tourist industry became a burden in the eyes of the natives, a fair amount migrated to the newly blooming, neighboring worlds created by the UEE. Human industry leaves plenty of jungle to live the secluded life Ku’ Lin prefer, but they are still rarely seen running storefronts in the city, trade stands in alleyways or simply loitering in such peddling dried psychoactive plants. These plants are more than often considered contraband by the UEE but they are nothing special to the Ku’ Lin, as they grow up using them for religious and ritualistic practices from a very young age and they are highly biologically accustomed to their effects.
Rarely, if one seeks a connection and happens to make the right acquaintance, one may be directed or escorted to a secluded Witchdoctor’s lair in midst the city, where Spiritual guidance and charms or said herbal remedy will be available for purchase or trade.
No one knows how many Ku’ Lin live on Goss lll since the UEE has it on lock down. It is a restricted area for civilians, tourists and traders alike. Still UEE military reports list many sensory registries of incoming and outgoing Ku’ Lin spacecraft which they simply can not intercept, as the timing of their takeoffs and landings is so perfect, that it is only ever recorded on scanners. The UEE have given up the attempt of policing this traffic because the Ku’ Lin have almost no ecological footprints on the planet’s surface and they never interfere with UEE procedures. Since the planet is completely covered in rain forest, the tribe’s hidden villages and thought to be partially underground settlements simply have not been discovered yet. Additionally the UEE acts under policy to not interfere with any indigenous life forms whatsoever on Goss lll and Ku’ Lin happen to fit the bill. The only signs of indigenous presence are the sometimes willingly placed irregularities and humorous signals which science convoys and rangers encounter from time to time.
Legend has it that a troop of rangers ten man strong once encountered the Ku’ Lin on Goss lll. This is an urban legend among soldiers stationed at Goss lll, yet some soldiers will claim to be the descendants of those having been present. They will tell the story as it is also said to be archived in UEE records, but redacted to all but officer or even general ranks because of its humiliating nature. Apparently the troop was scouting the edges of UEE known safety zones two generations ago, when within an instant the entire squad stopped dead in its tracks, afraid to even blink. They had patrolled so close to a group of Ku’ Lin twenty man strong, that the perfectly camouflaged warriors simply needed but take a few steps from their hiding places in order to be detaining the entire ranger squad at gunpoint. In an apparent moment of life and death, the warriors not engaging in acts of detainment brought forth necklaces made of vodun flowers and hung them around the ranger’s necks. The detaining men then unarmed the rangers, walked 20 steps ahead and placed the UEE weapons on a pile of leaves to protect them from being soiled and then disappeared again, into the vibrant green vegetation they had emerged from.
If you ever meet one, state: “Yedi N’ala” as a greeting and he will know that you are sincere. The phrase means so much as: “Magic is not god” and is a core principal of Ku’ Lin belief. It’s figurative meaning would be: “The supernatural is only a tool and its practice does not make you a god or worth more than any other being”. In this association the word supernatural is defined as the evolved natural or: “That which is natural, yet developed beyond the norm and so with seemingly magical.”
Ku’ Lin claim that to the great creator spirit, our mental abilities are not magical at all, but simply a part of our own nature that many of us have forgotten with time and begun to fear when re-encountering them.
Lore and famous sayings:
“Some call us religious, some call us weak, but we know not why they speak lowly of us, for we do not destroy worlds for the sake of entertainment as they do. My brother Man became one of them and sought to kill what he was told to kill, but he never saw for himself whom he was killing. I will never become like him.” – Ku’ Lin Proverb
“We are those whom act,
not because they want to belong,
but because we really are,
we need not justify,
as we are those who were simply born,
not into privilege,
but into intuition and understanding,
understanding of the heart, the mind and the family,
thus we should hold hands as brothers and sisters,
to form a chain strong enough to withstand great mobs of berserkers and madmen,
just by the power of understanding.”
- As our eldest tell us legends of the beginning of our people, from long before the beginning of modern documentation, they describe ancient remnants of beings from a time even before holo-documentation was possible.
Modern humanity sees this evidence and ignores it in order to uphold the teachings it gives its children. They would rather teach a lie, than to admit that they do not know all that was.
In fact, this galaxy alone holds so much evidence of ancient life that scientists have given up trying to document it. Some say that there can not be a beginning and others believe that if we knew how everything began we would be gods, which is why we can never find out what really happened.
Because time outlives our mortal memory and data capacities, we Ku’ Lin believe it is proof of god / the creator spirit. Should it not be part of god himself, it is proof of his power in a way which we can not see, but always know of his never ending existence. It must be one of his greatest creations, second only to his greatest of them all; the spirit of life.
- The legend of the great migration tells us that we came to Goss around the same time the tech cultures arrived on Earth. They even claim we may have been the same people and that we all came from the same home world once. Apparently, during our journey to find a new home, Humanity’s convoy was almost hit by a great comet, which forced some of our clans to change course in order to avoid catastrophe.
This way we found and settled in Goss, whilst the rest of our people settled on a planet called Earth.
- We do not know why we left our ancient home world many many generations ago, but it has been told among our people ever since anyone can remember, that we once fled from a vicious, conquering, alien species called: “Vanduul”, and that we are destined to return to this world after the Vanduul have been defeated.
- In silence we become one with the universe, one with ourselves. When we speak we give birth to new spirits. Thus we should be wary as not to create abominations and demons.
- Stand among us as an equal no matter what species you are. We will cause you no harm, unless you intend to harm yourself.
- Believe what you see, and what you don’t see. Vision is a gift, not a mistake.
- The greatest form of control, is letting go completely, observing what is outside of our realm of influence and then learning from it.
- We are who we are and you are who you are. This does not mean we must kill each other. It means we may learn from one another and help one another to become stronger.
- Trade well with us, and you will be treated fairly.
Insult us, and you will leave in a pod as an empty pod.
- I carry a Blade because war is in my blood, but I practice warfare because it was forced upon me. Spirit teach me. Let me teach myself, not only of what I need, but of all things.
Link – A prophecy on Goss lll
General Game Play:
Our gameplay methods in the Star Citizen Universe are ones of pacifism and technological versatility.
Born Ku’ Lin and joined full members are knowledgeable in the tribal ways and laws.
In the verse we seek to specialize in any form of profession, yet predominantly are traders or specialists in the field of agriculture.
We are a secretive people, whom do not often communicate openly with non tribe members. If we must do so we seek to act as role models and to provide aid or give council to those in need. There is much to be learned about us, but most of our wisdom only occurs to full members participating well beyond initiation.
We consider our main game play to be the effective management of our tribal community, whilst focusing primarily on the trading and agriculture or production professions.
Ku’ Lin sometimes organize in small PVP bands to hunt for bounties that we consider just or to hunt pirates whom have been harassing the general population.
We expect members to become familiar with the Goss system including a decent amount of planet side geography, as Goss’s planets, moons and asteroids are deemed home to us and represent a fundamental part of our aspired game play.
- Meditate and seek inner self to make it ever present. Conscious self gives us a state of consciousness parallel and equal to all that is external.
Conscious self grants us entry to a connection to that which is. We call it the Verse, Everything and Nothing and it can help us know what will be, what will become and even what was or, what is.
- Care wholeheartedly for brother plant so that he will let us harvest his offspring, whom in rite and return will become part of us.
- Carry the leaves long distances at day or in the cover of darkness to sell them only to those in need. The arrival and exchange of the haul marks salvation for many and must be celebrated.
- We were always here.
- It is our duty to show others who we are for our belief is honest and proven by millennia of practice and experience.
- Dedicate yourself to us, become one of us, or simply trade with us, the choice is yours.
- If you are in need of counseling or guidance, our shamans will dedicate themselves to your cause with open hearts and minds.
- There is shelter here, for all with good intention.
May the spirits guide you.