$12 million dollars! That’s a million dollars raised since the livestream started… incredible! We can’t thank you enough for your support. We thought the new goals would take months to achieve and you’re again proving us wrong. The staff at Cloud Imperium has recovered from the event and we’re now working to fix issues with the new website… and adding new features from the wishlist! More on this in coming days.
The $12 million achievement means that we will be building a professional sound studio, replacing the current home office used for Star Citizen’s sound recording. This will give the team access to professional voice talent and the ability to interact more directly with the team doing the sound portion of the game. It also means we’re going to push for Oculus Rift support in the upcoming hangar module… so line up those Rift pre-orders!
In the meantime, we’ve had a lot of questions about the ‘mini stretch goals’ we unlocked during the stream: how will we finish the story? Will we still release the other star systems? The answer is yes, we’re going to continue to unlock these every $100,000. We have made the four unlocks we missed over the weekend available now and you can access them below:
There are still five more systems and five more serials to unlock over the next million dollars… so encourage your friends to join our universe!
As for our major stretch goals, the $13 million objective is now in sight:
- Additional flyable ship class: frigate
- Command and Control Center – Supervise the battle from the deck of your Constellation, Idris or destroyer (class TBA) with advanced C&C packages that allow you to tie all of your ships together and assume central command from the 3rd seat.
Note that the frigate was incorrectly listed as a destroyer during the livestream. Flyable destroyers were unlocked with an earlier stretch goal. And we’re excited to reveal the $14 million goal in this post:
- Hibernation Mode: for the explorers out there, we will add the ability to save and resume while you are out in space. When not in combat, power your ship down, hit the bunk, and exit the game safely until you can resume your journey.
- Professional-quality feature-length “Behind the Scenes of Star Citizen” documentary film.
- A fourth landout option on Earth! Where will it be? London? Berlin?