Happy Friday, everyone!
Each and every week, we accompany the Roadmap update with a brief explanatory note to give you insight into the decision-making that led to any changes. This is part of an effort to make our communications more transparent, more specific, and more insightful for all of you who help to make Star Citizen and Squadron 42 possible.
With that said, let’s go ahead and dive into this week’s Roadmap Roundup!
-CIG Community Team
Notable Changes for July 24th, 2020
Crusader & Orison Landing Zone
Previously, we’ve communicated that our goal was to release Crusader & Orison in the Alpha 3.12 patch, however we’ve made the decision to hold Orison/Crusader for a two-part release for Q1/Q2 of the new year. Since our original goal was set, the team has worked hard to bring existing locations up to standard, and has iterated on both existing locales and our planetary tech. In addition to updating existing locales, we’re also happy to share that the team will be working on developing the art and relevant gameplay for hospitals at major landing zones, which will introduce additional depth that we’re looking forward to you experiencing.
We’re aware that many of you are eager to visit Orison, and we’re equally eager to welcome you. If you have followed along as the Stanton system has progressed, you’ve likely noticed how the quality bar has been raised each time we release a new location. From Lorville, to Area18, to New Babbage, and now Orison. The team plans on creating an unforgettable landing zone that continues to raise the bar; the swan song of the Stanton system!
We know you likely have more questions, and we’d like to go straight to the source to provide you more information! Next week (July 31), we’ll welcome SC Art Director Ian Leyland and SC Live Director Todd Papy on a special episode of Calling All Devs where we’ll discuss Orison/Crusader and the road to wrapping up the Stanton system.
Space Station – Refinery Deck
After we finalized the breakdown of tasks in this card, we found that initial estimates (prior to finalized concepts) were not robust enough for the work needed, and new estimations put the date of completion past the cutoff date for Alpha 3.11. This card has been moved to the Alpha 3.12 column.
- Ground Cover Buoyancy | Seaweeds and other ground cover elements on water will simulate buoyancy, floating and reacting realistically to water waves to further enhance the visuals of water on planets.
The 3.12 column has been added to the Roadmap. This is just the first iteration of the 3.12 column and you can expect to see more cards populate this column in the near future.The following cards have been added to the Roadmap under the Alpha 3.12 Column:
- Mystery Armor | An upcoming player armor set that we’re keeping under wraps for the time being.
- Station-based Refining | Kiosks will be placed around the Refining levels that allow players to take their raw mixed mining ore that they mined in their ship and refine it. The player can use these kiosks to create multiple refining jobs which are persistent and complete over a period of time, based on quantity and complexity. Once one or multiple jobs are completed, the player can pick up the refined materials which can be sold for a lot more than the unrefined ore.
- Weapon Zeroing – T0 | This system provides the player with a way to change the zeroing on their weapon sights. This allows shots at further distances without having to alter aim to account for bullet drop.
- Multi-tool Tractor Beam – T0 | The Tractor Beam is a device that allows the control (movement) of an object without the need for an actor or other entity to be in physical contact.
That’s all for this week! Join the discussion on Spectrum