Happy Friday, everyone!
Each and every week, we accompany the Roadmap update with a brief explanatory note to give you insight into the decision-making that led to any changes. This is part of an effort to make our communications more transparent, more specific, and more insightful for all of you who help to make Star Citizen and Squadron 42 possible.
With planning week wrapped up, the team is putting finishing touches on schedules and making sure we’re all set to add the upcoming columns for 4.1 & 4.2 in the near future. Stay tuned for more information on that soon.
With that, let’s dive into this week’s roundup!
-CIG Community Team
Notable Changes for January 31st, 2020
Bounty Hunter Armor
Bounty Hunter Armor should be released alongside Bounty Hunter Gameplay, with meaningful design choices being incorporated into the armor. Until we find a place for Bounty Hunter Gameplay, we’ve removed this card from the PU Roadmap.
MISC Hull-C has been moved to complete on the SQ42 Roadmap.
Ship AI: 3D Pathfinding – Planet Side
While this card did move into polishing on the PU roadmap this week, we expect to open it back up in the coming weeks as there is a chance more work will need to be done.
Descriptions have been updated for the following cards on the PU Roadmap:
- High Speed Combat
- New Targeting Methodology
- Player Interaction System Improvements
- Ship AI: 3D Pathfinding – Planet Side
- Ship AI: 3D Navigation – Collision Avoidance
- Body Dragging
- Ship HUD Rework
- Shield Systems Tech Replacement
The following cards have been removed from the PU Roadmap:
- QT linking for AI Ships – Following review, leadership has decided to remove this card from the roadmap because, in its current state, this epic would only bring functionality, not the full player experience we would want.
- Large-Scale Shadow Improvements – After a review with leadership during planning week, focus for the quarter shifted from Shadows to finishing Live Environment Probes and Reflections, as these tasks will be needed fairly soon for SQ42.
That’s all for this week’s Roundup – join the discussion on Spectrum
SettingsOne column Two columns Oldest first Newest first Most appreciated first