The Risingstar Mutual Aid Network is an association of organizations and individuals, doing things each our own way, but united to foster mutual success through cooperation.
Aiming to provide a friendly face in every system of the Verse!
Contact Us: Discord
The RISINGSTAR MUTUAL AID NETWORK is an association of Organizations and Individuals, who band together for success through mutual aid. The RISINGSTAR Organization is a support group intended to help give the Network a face in “The ‘Verse” and administer its in-game existence, and the recently formed Associate Service Initiative, hoping to expand to provide a friendly BASE in evey system and coordinate associated support services.
The Org is not to be confused with the Network, which is far larger than the support organization.
Risingstar is a role-play organization in the sense that connections and transactions that make up the Network and interactions are acknowledged in game and in character. We exist in “The ‘Verse”. Organizations and individuals may, but are not required to, role-play.
2950-11-27 – Association gained:
- RISINGSTAR supports and is recognized by Babylon6 as an ally
2950-11-23 – Approved for membership:
- Medrunner Services
2950-11-19 – Approved for membership:
- Citizen’s Investment Bank
2950-10-06 – Approved for membership:
- Acair Solutions
2950-09-24 – Approved for membership:
- Walkers of Sigma 957
2950-09-12 – Associate Coordinator
- After MissTitanK3 chooses to retire with our thanks for long service and exemplary contributions, Risingstar friend and ally Jorunn volunteers to serve and is elected to the position.
2950-08-19 – Approved for membership:
2950-05-05 – Approved for membership:
- EMERALD SKY LTD
2950-04-02 – Approved for membership:
- In Magnum Mysterium
2950-03-17 – Approved for membership:
- Altama Energy Corp
2949-12-25 – Approved for membership:
- Intergalactic Defense Applications Initiative
2949-12-17 – Approved for membership:
- The Jump Accord
2949-12-07 – Approved for membership:
- The Interstellar Order of Thales
2948-08-14 – Approved for full membership:
- Emerald Cross Aid
2948-07-23 – Approved for full membership:
- Corporación Interestelar de Chile aka Chilean Interstellar Corporation
2948-03-05 – First Coordinators (officers of the Steering Committee) Elected:
- Lead Coordinator – Citizen Ed aka CZenStar
- Deputy Coordinator – Ocypeta aka Elle Tamplin
- Associate Coordinator – MissTitanK3
2948-02-26 – Charter Members approved:
- Spartan Resource Consortium
- Galactic Wayfarers Society
2948-02-22 – Charter Members approved:
- Colonial Moving Ltd., The Colonial Movers
- Sub org: Colonial Escort & Security, Carebear Squadron
2948-02-19 – Working Charter ratified to become our initial official Charter
2948-02-17 – Charter Members approved:
- Echelon News 7
2948-02-16 – Charter Member approved:
- First Class Federation
2948-02-10 – First three Charter Members approved (with three more already pending):
- Javelin PMC
— With related org Javelin SOG
- Citizen Stars Ventures
2948-02-03 – After a period of exploratory coordination, the Risingstar Mutual Aid Network (RISINGSTAR) officially founded.
Please join us on our official Discord: https://discord.gg/fxubaTp
One of the wonderful things about Star Citizen is that people are coming up with many wonderful and unique ways of doing organizations. Each with its own character, culture and business plan.
Our goal is not to co-opt any of these things, but instead do our best to support and help each of these ideas to thrive.
To that end we aim to create an umbrella group for organizations committed to help out, offer aid and services to all members.
Our goal is that members will find a friendly face in every system.
We pledge to (wherever possible and reasonable) help each other, provide financial discounts or trades for services, and/or help promote each other.
“Tools not Rules” – A loose organization with very few rules. Preferring to rely on guidelines.
“Uncommon sense” – Trying to deal with obstacles and challenges with thoughtful measured responses.
“Pay it forward” – Not an obligation, but an encouragement to start chains of random acts of charity/kindness. Do something for someone and ask them to pay it forward to another down the road.
“Rising Stars” – Be on the lookout for interesting people that seem to have a lot of potential. These are the people we’d like to help & recruit.
“Autonomy and Self-determination” – Try to avoid assets held in common by a central authority. This may change as conditions change but the goal would be to avoid as much as possible. Tithes, dues, duties tithes or tributes. Projects that make sense to be done in common should work more on an “Art of Asking” philosophy. Making a proposal and soliciting patrons, donations, gofundme & kickstarter style possibilities.
Being a loose alliance, the Network is run by a Steering Committee, which is not a ruling body. It cannot make operational decisions for participating organizations without their explicit consent and agreement.
The steering committee is comprised of a delegate from every participating org and can be called upon if joint decisions have to be made, such as: deciding on appointing specific people to deal with administration, launching of voluntary initiatives, dealing with crises, and decide on organization membership.
To create a loose but cohesive group to help promote and support each other’s brilliant ideas and organizational cultures.
- Establishing an Umbrella Organization to provide the infrastructure to establish a network within Star Citizen;
- Shared communication channels, tools and access to each other’s communication channels;
- Provide diplomatic channels and arbitrators to help de-escalate conflicts
- Voluntary cooperation and encouragement of joint operations;
- Provide (emergency) services at a discount or by accepting services back in kind, wherever reasonable.
- Establish a place for Network meetings where participants can decide to commit to joint operations.
- Defend any network member who comes under attack unprovoked, wherever reasonable;
- Come to the aid of any alliance member’s ship in legitimate distress, wherever reasonable;
- Provide Services to each other at a discount wherever reasonable;
- Promote each other’s services wherever reasonable;
Full current charter is available here: Risingstar Charter
The RISINGSTAR in game org will be used as a proxy and support organization for the Rising Stars Mutual Aid Network (the Network). It is not to be confused with the Network. People join that org to support the Network, but Network Members are not required to join, and Member Orgs are not required to have representatives join.
The Org is listed as a role-play organization in the sense that connections and transactions that make up the Network and interactions are acknowledged in game and in character. We exist in “The ‘Verse”. Organizations and individuals may, but are not required to, role-play.
The RISINGSTAR org will be administered by its Founder and appointed delegates (Administrators). Membership controlled by them. Any member may be removed from the org at any time and that will not affect the membership in the Network.
Being a loose alliance, the Network works on the principle of subsidiarity, meaning that what can be decided and done by the joining organizations and members themselves on a voluntary basis, need not be decided by the Network as a whole.
Nevertheless there are some fields where the Network will have a clear coordinating role in:
- Establishing an Umbrella org to create a meeting place and communication infrastructure in game;
- Performing administrative tasks such as keep contact lists up to date, keep track of initiatives within the Network and if possible keep track of where members are operating within the verse;
- Encouraging and facilitate network meetings where members can interact, pitch joint initiatives and socialize or train together;
- Performing whatever other day to day tasks to safeguard the continuity of the Network.
The steering committee is comprised of a delegate from every participating org and can be called upon if joint decisions have to be made, such as: deciding on appointing specific people to deal with the tasks listed above, launching voluntary initiatives, dealing with crises, and decide on organization membership.
The steering committee is not a ruling body. It cannot make operational decisions for participating organizations without their explicit consent and agreement.