Many different orgs, doing things their own way, united to foster mutual success through cooperation.
Each a Rising Star in their own right.
Please join us on our official Discord: https://discord.gg/fxubaTp
The RISING STARS MUTUAL AID NETWORK is an association of Organizations and Individuals, who band together for success through mutual aid. The RISINGSTAR Organization is a support group intended to help give the Network a face in “The ‘Verse” and administer its in-game existence. The Org is not to be confused with the Network, which is far larger than the support organization.
RisingStar is a role-play organization in the sense that connections and transactions that make up the Network and interactions are acknowledged in game and in character. We exist in “The ‘Verse”. Organizations and individuals may, but are not required to, role-play.
2948-03-05 – First Coordinators (officers of the Steering Committee) Elected:
- Lead Coordinator – Citizen Ed aka CZenStar
- Deputy Coordinator – Ocypeta aka Elle Tamplin
- Associate Coordinator – MissTitanK3
2948-02-26 – Charter Members approved:
- Spartan Resource Consortium
- Galactic Wayfarers Society
2948-02-22 – Charter Members approved:
- Colonial Moving Ltd., The Colonial Movers
- Sub org: Colonial Escort & Security, Carebear Squadron
2948-02-19 – Working Charter ratified to become our initial official Charter
2948-02-17 – Charter Members approved:
- Echelon News 7
2948-02-16 – Charter Member approved:
- First Class Federation
2948-02-10 – First three Charter Members approved (with three more already pending):
- Citizen Star News
- Citizen Stars Foundation
2948-02-03 – After a period of exploratory coordination, the Rising Stars Mutual Aid Network (RISINGSTAR) officially founded.
Please join us on our official Discord: https://discord.gg/fxubaTp
One of the wonderful things about Star Citizen is that people are coming up with many wonderful and unique ways of doing organizations. Each with its own character, culture and business plan.
Our goal is not to co-opt any of these things, but instead do our best to support and help each of these ideas to thrive.
To that end we aim to create an umbrella group for organizations committed to help out, offer aid and services to all members.
Our goal is that members will find a friendly face in every system.
We pledge to help each other wherever possible and reasonable, provide financial discounts for services (or perhaps where appropriate – services for services), and help promote each other’s services.
“Tools not Rules” – A loose organization with very few rules. Preferring to rely on guidelines.
“Uncommon sense” – Trying to deal with obstacles and challenges with thoughtful measured responses.
“Pay it forward” – Not an obligation, but an encouragement to start chains of random acts of charity/kindness. Do something for someone and ask them to pay it forward to another down the road.
“Rising Stars” – Be on the lookout for interesting people that seem to have a lot of potential. These are the people we’d like to help & recruit.
Try to avoid assets held in common by a central authority. This may change as conditions change but the goal would be to avoid as much as possible. No taxes, tithes, dues, duties or tributes. Projects that make sense to be done in common should work more on an “Art of Asking” philosophy. Making a proposal and soliciting patrons, donations, gofundme & kickstarter style possibilities. The umbrella organization (RISINGSTAR) may solicit for funds for upkeep and operational costs.
Being a loose alliance, the Network is run by a Steering Committee, which is not a ruling body. It cannot make operational decisions for participating organizations without their explicit consent and agreement.
The steering committee is comprised of a delegate from every participating org and can be called upon if joint decisions have to be made, such as: deciding on appointing specific people to deal with administration, launching of voluntary initiatives, dealing with crises, and decide on organization membership.
To create a loose but cohesive group to help promote and support each other’s brilliant ideas and organizational cultures.
- Establishing an Umbrella Organization to provide the infrastructure to establish a network within Star Citizen;
- Shared communication channels, tools and access to each other’s communication channels;
- Provide diplomatic channels and arbitrators to help de-escalate conflicts
- Voluntary cooperation and encouragement of joint operations;
- Provide (emergency) services at a discount or by accepting services back in kind, wherever reasonable.
- Establish a place for Network meetings where participants can decide to commit to joint operations.
- Defend any network member who comes under attack unprovoked, wherever reasonable;
- Come to the aid of any alliance member’s ship in legitimate distress, wherever reasonable;
- Provide Services to each other at a discount wherever reasonable;
- Promote each other’s services wherever reasonable;
Full current charter is available here: Rising Stars Charter
The RISINGSTAR in game org will be used as a proxy and support organization for the Rising Stars Mutual Aid Network (the Network). It is not to be confused with the Network. People join that org to support the Network, but Network Members are not required to join, and Member Orgs are not required to have representatives join. Coordinators are encouraged to have at least an alt in RISINGSTAR, preferable as that alt’s main org so that admin and officer privileges can be conferred.
(Note: Alt account necessary by the RSI site’s requirement that one account can only create, or be an officer in, one org.)
To minimize reputational effects, members are encouraged (but not required) to join with Alts accounts.
The Org is listed as a role-play organization in the sense that connections and transactions that make up the Network and interactions are acknowledged in game and in character. We exist in “The ‘Verse”. Organizations and individuals may, but are not required to, role-play.
The RISINGSTAR org will be administered by its Founder and appointed delegates (Administrators). Membership controlled by them. Any member may be removed from the org at any time and that will not affect the membership in the Network.
Being a loose alliance, the Network works on the principle of subsidiarity, meaning that what can be decided and done by the joining organizations and members themselves on a voluntary basis, need not be decided by the Network as a whole.
Nevertheless there are some fields where the Network will have a clear coordinating role in:
- Establishing an Umbrella org to create a meeting place and communication infrastructure in game;
- Performing administrative tasks such as keep contact lists up to date, keep track of initiatives within the Network and if possible keep track of where members are operating within the verse;
- Encouraging and facilitate network meetings where members can interact, pitch joint initiatives and socialize or train together;
- Performing whatever other day to day tasks to safeguard the continuity of the Network.
The steering committee is comprised of a delegate from every participating org and can be called upon if joint decisions have to be made, such as: deciding on appointing specific people to deal with the tasks listed above, launching voluntary initiatives, dealing with crises, and decide on organization membership.
The steering committee is not a ruling body. It cannot make operational decisions for participating organizations without their explicit consent and agreement.